Strike on 30th June

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
My CV and headhunters may well disagree. Weak.

-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 am --

My CV and headhunters may well disagree. Weak.

Your CV? Anyone can create a work of fiction. A bit like your persona.

And headhunters? What is this? 1988?

You could not walk a mile in my size tens sonny jim.

Probably not as I'm a size eight and a half. I'd look like a clown.

Actually now I think about it I probably could.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:39 pm --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
kronkonite said:
we want a decent pension for all

especially for those who do work of greater social value

like teachers and street cleaners -for every pound these people earn they provide £11 worth of social value

For every £1 a banker or a financier earns they cost society £11

Wow what a fantasy world you must live in! So a banker earns £500,000 a year he contributes £250,000 of that in tax and at the end has a private pension probably never using state benefits since they were 21

I think kronkonite and BB2 are the same person as both their views are equally absurd and intransigent.

Such characters could only be a work of fiction. I imagine BBKron is tapping away as we speak trying to find new ways of coming up with preposterous arguments to have with other posters and himself.

kronkonite said:
every fourth post on this topic is sensible

working class hatred by selfish tax dodging buffons to follow:

How have you not been banned for wumming yet?

That is all you are.

Working class hatred? What the hell? Show me an example of anyone hating the working class.

As for tax dodging. Can you give me an example where anyone on this thread is advocating tax evasion?<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:56 pm --<br /><br />
without a dream said:
I don't think the teachers pensions would be costing much at all if successive governments hadn't kept skimming off the pot, they've every right to be going on strike about a change in contract that hasn't seen the slightest bit of consultation. Irrespective of that though, the government have done an excellent job of setting the public/private sectors against each other, divide and conquer.

Skimming off the top? You mean by paying the majority of their pension as the 6% they pay in is not self -sufficient.

Or do you mean skimming off the top in the way that Gordon Brown on Labour decided to tax pension pots within the fund from May 1997?

SWP's back said:
without a dream said:
I don't think the teachers pensions would be costing much at all if successive governments hadn't kept skimming off the pot, they've every right to be going on strike about a change in contract that hasn't seen the slightest bit of consultation. Irrespective of that though, the government have done an excellent job of setting the public/private sectors against each other, divide and conquer.

Skimming off the top? You mean by paying the majority of their pension as the 6% they pay in is not self -sufficient.

Or do you mean skimming off the top in the way that Gordon Brown on Labour decided to tax pension pots within the fund from May 1997?

The latter, also it's 8% as far as I'm aware.

kronkonite said:

like teachers and street cleaners -for every pound these people earn they provide £11 worth of social value

The comedy value of this post should not be underestimated.

Lucky13 said:
kronkonite said:

The comedy value of this post should not be underestimated.

It's already secured my vote for funniest post of the year.

without a dream said:
SWP's Back said:
without a dream said:

1. Contribution rate

TPS contributions are payable by scheme members and their employers. Current contribution rates are 6.4% of contributable salary for teachers and 14.1% of contributable salary for employers. The rates are regularly reviewed by the Scheme Actuary.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/employers/employers13.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/emplo ... yers13.htm</a>

SWP's back said:
without a dream said:
SWP's Back said:

1. Contribution rate

TPS contributions are payable by scheme members and their employers. Current contribution rates are 6.4% of contributable salary for teachers and 14.1% of contributable salary for employers. The rates are regularly reviewed by the Scheme Actuary.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/employers/employers13.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/emplo ... yers13.htm</a>

Fair enough, I was just going off what my Mum says she pays, that'll teach me for not doing my research!

if the education system and standards were worth the paper they wrote the exams on then maybe I'd think they had a point.

Fact is it isn't and to be honest why weren't they striking on behalf of students for the way the government changed the uni fees policy?

oh wait, it doesn't affect them so they don't care.

fuck the strikers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.