Strike on 30th June

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cyberblue, 20 Jun 2011.

1. tommyducks

tommyducks

Good post mate but you are pissing in the wind with the "me me me" mob on here.

2. SWP's back

SWP's back

Me me me? Like - I want to pay less in to my pension pot and have the rest pick up the tab?

Now I understand.

3. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

Me me me? Like - I want to pay less in to my pension pot and have the rest pick up the tab?

Now I understand.[/quote]

What I was trying to say was lower wage + no OTE bonus + pension scheme = normal wage in private sector.

4. Lucky13

Lucky13

Explain to me why you shouldn't pay more into your own pension , which will then cover the cost of it.

5. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

in effect we do by having a lower salary and no bonuses.

6. Lucky13

Lucky13

Completely avoids the question and thats why the public will never support you.

7. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

I think it was a straightforward answer. We get paid less now and get more later. This evens itself out against the private sector's higher salary and bonus schemes.

I think there is a common fallacy that everyone in the public sector is on wages that ministers earn. This is not the case and the vast majority earn less than £20k per annum.

I am not against having to pay more contributions, but these changes coupled with changing it to an average salary scheme and no pay rises for 3 years isn't right in my opinion.

You don't need to support us, that is your opinion, but it's sad that society no longer looks out for each other.

8. metalblue

metalblue

Experience is a terrible teacher, it gives the exa
    This isn't a dig at you in anyway mate, but for me only PS workers who "give back" to society, nurses, firemen, teachers and the such should "enjoy" the final salary pensions, others that work in more "mainstream" type roles (such a call centre) should be paid a fair market wage but not get the final salary pensions. This is the root of the problem in my eyes, they handed out these pensions like confetti to all and sundry.

That said it ain't your fault they offered it to you (only a fool would say no to it) so I don't "blame" anybody for sticking up against having their contracts changed. Nobody, if they are honest, in the private sector would just shrug their shoulders to a "pay-cut" (which is what this really is)

And just for the potentially first use of the word subjectional on BM, I doff my hat to you.

9. SWP's back

SWP's back

I thought the strike was about teachers? The above doesn't really apply to them.

10. urmston

urmston

There's no reason for us to give generous pensions to public sector staff any longer.

What can they do if we cut their pensions to levels we'll receive ourselves?

They can hardly leave for other jobs with superb pensions. There aren't any.

With a very few exceptions they are stuck, defenceless and have mortgages and bills to pay.