Striker needed urgently!!

City must be pretty confident Balotelli is going to be alright or Adebayor wouldn't have gone anywhere. Mancini said as much earlier in the transfer window.

JamesTenOne said:
City must be pretty confident Balotelli is going to be alright or Adebayor wouldn't have gone anywhere. Mancini said as much earlier in the transfer window.

I remember him making that statement aroung two weeks ago. At that time Balotelli's knee injury was still undergoing analysis. It has now become apparent from the results of the tests undertaken that no date can be given as to his return especially as further surgery has not been ruled out following the keyhole surgery he had on his lateral meniscus, the most important part of the knee following the damage sustained in his debut in Romania. Surgeons have expressed concerns that the Muscle development has been disappointing.

He is not expected back from the USA till the end of next week.

Could Nimley step up to the plate if asked?

okstate99 said:
Black Solied said:
I think we need more squad depth with SWP probly leaving in january too. But just as City fans....what can we do? Mancini is not listening to what we say here..neither the sheikh.

Maybe our owners pockets are empty? :(

OK thats it.. I am calling my shot. Every post this poster makes is an WUM. Since he just joined this month that makes it pretty likely I am right.

Care to defend yourself?

Yeah i do...my post was mostly a joke and so what if i joined this month? That was the time when i first time heard that we had a bluemoon forum! You moron!

abu13 said:
20sbc07 said:
Bring back Caicedo, problem solved.

I've heard worse ideas, he has been playing well in Spain and could do a job for us now.

Exactly.
Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli would obviously be our main 3 strikers. Imo Jo isn't even good enough to be a back up. Caicedo on the other hand has been good in spain, He would make a much better back up than Jo would and it wouldn't mean spending millions on someone to sit on the bench.

We really don't need another striker. We have 3 in Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli. And we okat a formation that often only requires the use of one and at most 2. If we only have 1 available we can augment easily with wide players like Silva, Johnson and Milner, or Central support in Yaya.

What we need is another dominant box to box midfielder, or an attacking speedster wide

We will be fine. Balo will be back before the Derby, Guidetti got a little time on loan to ease his way into the Premier League. Jo, as much as everyone here can't stand him, he is doing something in Mancini's eyes that warrants time in the squad. Not everyone on our team can be world class.

We know Mancini likes to give youngsters a chance, just see what he has planned. I would love to see Lukaku but it appears as if that is off until the summer. It would be nice to see at little help at the attacking mid position but it doesn't look as if we are forcing the issue.

In the last 2 or 3 years (values approx):-

Given 8M
Bridge 12M
Boateng 12M
Toure K 14M
Zabaletta 6M
Kompany 6M
Kolorov 16M
SWP 8M
Milner 24M
Johnson 6M
De Jong 15M
Barry 12M
Toure Y 24M
Vieiera free (but big contract so large outlay)
Silva 24M
Balotelli 24M
Tevez 32M
Jo 18M
Santa Cruz 18M
Robinho 30M
Adebayor 25M
Bellamy 12M
Dzeko 27M

That is in excess of £370M, an unbelieveable number of ins and outs - what we need now is some stability cos there is no way the above players (those who remain) can be expected to gel properly as a unit for a year or two, so to keep bringing in more and more players, high end players with egos and baggage, is just continuing the disruption. We have a belting squad but we now in my opinion need a period of stability and team building not going out and buying because we may get a couple of injuries - dont get me wrong I get excited every time City buy a new player but I think the time has come to cement together what we have got rather than buying a load more expensive bricks

BringBackSwales said:
In the last 2 or 3 years (values approx):-

Given 8M
Bridge 12M
Boateng 12M
Toure K 14M
Zabaletta 6M
Kompany 6M
Kolorov 16M
SWP 8M
Milner 24M
Johnson 6M
De Jong 15M
Barry 12M
Toure Y 24M
Vieiera free (but big contract so large outlay)
Silva 24M
Balotelli 24M
Tevez 32M
Jo 18M
Santa Cruz 18M
Robinho 30M
Adebayor 25M
Bellamy 12M
Dzeko 27M

That is in excess of £370M, an unbelieveable number of ins and outs - what we need now is some stability cos there is no way the above players (those who remain) can be expected to gel properly as a unit for a year or two, so to keep bringing in more and more players, high end players with egos and baggage, is just continuing the disruption. We have a belting squad but we now in my opinion need a period of stability and team building not going out and buying because we may get a couple of injuries - dont get me wrong I get excited every time City buy a new player but I think the time has come to cement together what we have got rather than buying a load more expensive bricks

forgot Lescott, thats £400M

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.