Striker - Plan B

sam-caddick said:
I'm With Stupid said:
Davs 19 said:
One season wonder for me. Defences have him Sussed.....
No they don't. He just spent most of last season playing on the wing.

Even when Ba left and he played more centrally he was struggling.

Not for me.
With no support whatsoever. He's not a lone striker, that's for sure. Although it's still no surprise that he started to score a lot more once he was moved back to the centre. He had 3 goals when Ba left. He finished the season with 13. The reason I think he'd be good is because his lack of goals last season will reduce his price, when in reality, they were down to Newcastle not using him properly rather than him being poor.

sam-caddick said:
I'm With Stupid said:
Davs 19 said:
One season wonder for me. Defences have him Sussed.....
No they don't. He just spent most of last season playing on the wing.

Even when Ba left and he played more centrally he was struggling.

Not for me.

Big teams aren't exactly kicking the door down to sign him are they ?

There was a reason he was shoved out on the wing ;.)

Some very good calls but the one that has set me thinking is the shout for Berbatov.

Aguero's speed,Dzeko's power and Berbatov's guile.

He could play just behind Dzeko or ahead of Aguero or on his own with Isco?? and Silva behind him.

He went to Fulham on a "Free" so would cost less than what we should receive for Tevez and his wages would be lower.

He was never quick to start with so age isn't a problem. I can picture him linking up with Silva and Yaya and his Goal return has always been pretty consistent if never spectacular.

I know their is better out there such as Higuain (too similar to Aguero), Martinez and Benteke ( young and therefore a gamble) Villa (is he free of his injuries) but Berbatov ticks an awful lot of boxes.

We don't need another striker if we get isco. If we move to 4-3-3 we only need aguero, and dzeko. We should get a young one with potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.