Striker - Plan B

Kompany is King said:
So Napoli say we will not pay buyout clause of £54m for Cavani.

So what happens next?

If we are not going to pursue Cavani now, then who do we go for?

Martinez, Jovetic, Gomez or has Txiki got other options which are a better fit.

I'd go for Martinez from Porto.

Certainly be interesting to see how quickly we move on, or not.
Are we signing that rapper guy from the Sweeney?

Not really a plan B, but more of an investment for the future.

Abel Hernandez

290px-Abel_Hern%C3%A1ndez.png

Got 4 against Tahiti but of course you can't class that as anything out of the ordinary, has had trouble with injuries and doesn't have a great scoring record but then neither did Sturridge until a couple of years ago and the two players are so much alike you would think they were clones.

Or if we want to spend more money then there is always

Luis Muriel

luis_f10.jpg

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/luis-muriel/leistungsdaten/spieler_119228.html

11 in 22 last season

Plan B replacement has to be Jo.

We bought him a few years too early that's all. He showed glimpses of how good he could be & is only now starting to mature into a great striker.

He's proved he can play in the PL and will be much cheaper than last time.

is he still cup tied though?

Ok so this is out of left field with no itk or wumming.
Anyone think city might take a shot at altidore??
Reason being 1. he is a big man who with the right managing could propel himself as athletically he is gifted enough.
2. He could be a marketing tool in the US and business wise could make sense to push altidore in the US market with the WC coming up. Even as a role player city could push him in the market, help them compete against the united/Chevy.
3. He is young and with the youth policy might be worth the chance.

Just some over thinking on my part and mostly just guessing with what business sense for city in the long term.

And obviously is no replacement for cavani.

We allegedly have first refusal on him and he is a good player who would suit us. Available for around 20m as well apparently.

PNWBlue said:
Ok so this is out of left field with no itk or wumming.
Anyone think city might take a shot at altidore??
Reason being 1. he is a big man who with the right managing could propel himself as athletically he is gifted enough.
2. He could be a marketing tool in the US and business wise could make sense to push altidore in the US market with the WC coming up. Even as a role player city could push him in the market, help them compete against the united/Chevy.
3. He is young and with the youth policy might be worth the chance.

Just some over thinking on my part and mostly just guessing with what business sense for city in the long term.

And obviously is no replacement for cavani.

i've had this thought, but i don't think jozy would move here. needs regular football and we already have guidetti as young project.

though i think jozy could make it in the prem. in the middle of a big break out in dutch league and national team

we're overloaded at the position but best american buy would be michael bradley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.