Striker (s) Choices for Sat

summer of 69 said:
We could well be facing the prospect of a match lasting around 2 hours ten minutes of open play if it's level after normal time. That makes me very worried on three counts: Firstly, if he goes for Tevez from the start, and we are not ahead, or god forbid behind, by the time he has to make way (because I can't see him lasting the distance) then the exceptional advantage he gives us will have been lost.
If Bobby goes with Balo from the start, I am terrified he'll get sent off early doors and throw Stoke a lifeline that even an on coming Tevez couldn't do much about. If he goes with Dzeko alone, and he may well you never know, I can see us wasting a great deal of skilful play and not converting it into goals. We need to be 2 up at the break, and I think a fresh from he start Tevez would still be the best option.

my oh my, are we a touch too nervous and a little pessimistic?

if we can play our best I don't think Stoke will be able to easily live with us.

I'd put out our best 11 from the get-go, and for me this is Tevez & Balotelli

remember the old maxims - 'fortune favours the brave' and 'who dares wins'; this is no time to wimp out, Don Manciti would be slapping you in the face at the wedding "be a MAN!!" ehehe

;o)

BLUEMATT23 said:
A bit left side this one.
How about Jo & Dzeko with Tevez in behind?

Ditch Johnson & Milner

but isn't Jo cup tied?<br /><br />-- Fri May 13, 2011 1:01 am --<br /><br />
BLUEMATT23 said:
A bit left side this one.
How about Jo & Dzeko with Tevez in behind?

Ditch Johnson & Milner

but isn't Jo cup tied?

lookin at injurys, form etc. id expect:

Hart
Richards Kompany(c) Lescott Zabaleta
DeJong Milner
Johnson Toure Silva
Balotelli

Given, Boyata, Kolarov, Wright-Phillips, Barry/Vieira, Dzeko, Tevez

I'd go for a 4-1-2-1-2 formation but thats just me, i think we have a team that could fit comfortably into that position and would give us the extra fire power early onto actually get a decent lead. Tevez and Dzeko to start as from my memory the times they played on the pitch together they were like one mind, and that is a massive advantage for destroying defenses. Balotelli would come on at the 60 min mark, replacing Tevez (i don't care if he's about to get a hattrick or playing the game of his life he's not 100% and an injury could be long term). I'm not sure why I decided for Milner ahead of Yaya when considering boths current forms of late, but I just wholeheartedly think Milner would interlink better with Barry and Richards more than Yaya would in that position, and moreover Milner is in my opinion more likely to retain positioning and fall back when needed unlike Yaya who off the ball I feel leaves something to be desired.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Zabs
De Jong
Milner Barry
Silva
Tevez(c) Dzeko

Subs: Super Mario, Yaya then I don't really mind/know.

Dzeko and Tevez to me looked REALLY GOOD together vs. Spuds, after Tevez came in.

Tevez's work rate makes him hard to mark and slow down - so he'd be a great option for Edin to pass-off to after those long kick-outs and air duels.

Dzeko did a hell of a job fighting vs. Spuds, and other things that are often overseen, and I think Mancini has more confidence in him. Plus he has big-game experience.

AJ/Milner----Yaya------Silva

------------Tevez----------

------------ Dzeko---------

THIS gives city best chance to win right now. And to score early. You will see this at some point in CUP final - any bets??? :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.