stuart brenna - lying rag

I searched the MUEN website for the last derby report at Maine Road that was mentioned earlier in the thread but it is not there..... the 1-1 at the swamp and the 3-1 cup defeat are but not the 3-1 at home when Gary Neville fed the Goat. Funny that.

Thatchersforearm said:
I searched the MUEN website for the last derby report at Maine Road that was mentioned earlier in the thread but it is not there..... the 1-1 at the swamp and the 3-1 cup defeat are but not the 3-1 at home when Gary Neville fed the Goat. Funny that.

Oh FFS. Here we go again.

I'm reminded of an episode of The West Wing, where one of the main characters (a man in the media spotlight), finds out that there is an internet site dedicated to him. Against the advice of his colleagues, he decides to begin posting on the site, to correct some minor inaccuracies about himself that he has spotted.

Mr Brennan, I would suggest that before you attempt reasoned argument with some of the internet's finest, you dig out a copy of the said episode (I have just done a quick search, & the episode is entitled "The US Poet Laureat") & have a look what happens to him.

You can't really win on a forum like this, you're never gonna convince everyone of your intentions, & you'll quite possibly end up looking foolish for trying. Probably best to accept that & quit whilst you're behind.

For what its worth, I think most would accept that you are just trying to do a difficult job in imperfect conditions. Your employer should be the ones to take the heat for having put you in that position, not you!

Didsbury Dave said:
flb said:
DD,Mr Brennan has just admitted somebody else edit's his stories!Im intrigued as to why somebody would either do this or even worse let it happen with your name splattered all over it,i think this particular debacle has just outlined what a grubby corrupt department the MEN sport department really is.

I'm not a professional journalist but as I understand, whenever you submit copy it is likely to be edited/subedited, whatever. That's what happens. As an example, if a Sunday Times journo writes a piece about Samuel Eto'o, and on the Saturday night just before publication, he scores a hattrick, then the subeditors will bring the Sunday piece up to date, ie "Despite his brilliant hattrick last night, Eto'o remains unhappy at Barca", or something?

Isn't that's what has happened here? It's hardly a crime against sports jounalism, is it? Grubby and corrupt are laughably strong for a largely harmless phrase.
I

Agreed DD.

People are laughably over-sensitive here. I just don't get this strange belief that Brennan must somehow be a crap journo because his piece has been edited (it happens at ALL papers; that's why they have sub-eds, ffs!).

Nor do I care who he supports, did support, what team he played for in the local leagues, what team his wife/kids follow etc., etc., etc.. All that matters is whether it's a fair report, not whether it's "anti" or "pro" City.

People should grow up and judge his journalism on its merits. Sorry, Mr Brennan, but whatever you write many on here will condemn you for it, whether it's good, bad or indifferent; you'll just have to live with it.

OMG its even been mentioned on this site:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129947</a>

The bastards!

stuart brennan said:
Just a couple of things:
1. It says "reported interest" which is true - it has been reported.
2. I didn't actually write that - it was edited into my piece afterwards, quite fairly in my opinion, although I DIDN'T write it.
You need to get facts straight before you start calling someone a liar
. I didn't actually write that - it was edited into my piece afterwards, quite fairly in my opinion, although I DIDN'T write it.
Don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence that the part you DIDN'T write is the part that's caused all the trouble.
I can understand why you haven't kicked up a fuss about it being added, BUT a City reporter should NOT have put that in.
I assume the person who added it only added that sentence ??
You have in the main on here been i wouldn't say lauded but certainly upto now been found to be very fair with our club.
Why can't you just be the bias bastard with us that you were with the rags ??:)

stuart brennan said:
Just a couple of things:
1. It says "reported interest" which is true - it has been reported.
2. I didn't actually write that - it was edited into my piece afterwards, quite fairly in my opinion, although I DIDN'T write it.
You need to get facts straight before you start calling someone a liar
I don't understand the paranoia of some City fans about Utd.

Utd may well have huge borrowings, but how does the original poster know that they cannot afford to pay £30 Million to Barca for Eto'o? Real Madrid have taken on more debt to finance their own investment in players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.