Stuart Pearce

The biggest common trait between Hughes and Pearce was their ability to remove all joy and hope from the fans of the teams they manage.

Hughes was a bang average manager, who slowly regressed as football left him behind.

Pearce was a totally shit manager, with only half a brain cell, who’s only real success was with the U21s.

Alan Ball supersedes both though, for me, as the worst manager during my lifetime.
What success did he have with the u21s? I agree with the above, i just dont recall Pearce having success with the 21s at all. Quite the opposite in fact but memory could be playing tricks on me due to how much i hate him

What success did he have with the u21s? I agree with the above, i just dont recall Pearce having success with the 21s at all. Quite the opposite in fact but memory could be playing tricks on me due to how much i hate him
Think he got them to the final of the Euro u21 for the first time in forever. It’s a long time ago, so wouldn't put the house on it!

From wiki
After being sacked by City in May 2007, he was given the England U21 job permanently a month later. Under Pearce, the team finished as runners-up in the 2009 UEFA Under-21 Championship, but failed to make it out of the group stage in the 2013 UEFA Under-21 Championship

From wiki
After being sacked by City in May 2007, he was given the England U21 job permanently a month later. Under Pearce, the team finished as runners-up in the 2009 UEFA Under-21 Championship, but failed to make it out of the group stage in the 2013 UEFA Under-21 Championship
Got out of the group, straight to semis and beat the mighty sweden on penalties and then got battered in the final. All with a squad packed full of Prem players. If that is deemed success for Pearce it shows how low the bar is, followed up by not even getting out of the group with a squad full of prem players like Jordan Henderson. Shite job with the Olympic squad too. He has never done a good job anywhere and hasnt a breeze.

A few years ago he did a combined city and united team just before a derby, it was like a game of opposites, none of our big players in and team dominated by rags. We were at our peak and they were shite at the time. bitter fk!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.