Stupid little things that bug you

I think the clue is in the word "sponsor" ?
Yes, and it’s a little thing that bugs me. Just something I don’t like. Things should be called by their real names.

The Nynex, the M.E.N., the AO… it’s the Manchester Arena.

The City of Manchester Stadium is currently called the Unity Stadium [translated to English]. In real life I never use the word ‘Etihad’ when mentioning our stadium, I call it ‘home’ or ‘at home’ or ‘City’ or ‘at City’ or ‘our ground’ or ‘ours’ (although I do strangely type ‘Etihad’ on here).

Chewing gum.

Serves no real purpose.

Tends to be found all over the pavements of the United Kingdom because people just spit it on the floor and walk away.

Seems to have become acceptable that chewing gum can be chewed with your mouth open at all times so you can see and hear everything about the whole chewing process.

Yes, and it’s a little thing that bugs me. Just something I don’t like. Things should be called by their real names.

The Nynex, the M.E.N., the AO… it’s the Manchester Arena.

The City of Manchester Stadium is currently called the Unity Stadium [translated to English]. In real life I never use the word ‘Etihad’ when mentioning our stadium, I call it ‘home’ or ‘at home’ or ‘City’ or ‘at City’ or ‘our ground’ or ‘ours’ (although I do strangely type ‘Etihad’ on here).
I think you're right but sadly it's such a major source of revenue (and a good way to combat FFP with debatable 'values') that it won't change. I don't think gambling advertising should be so prevalent either as it causes utter misery for many people. I've said for a long time that ALL betting should be governed by a token maximum stake (50p?) so it really is gambling for fun and you can really say "when the fun stops stop".

Chewing gum.

Serves no real purpose.

Tends to be found all over the pavements of the United Kingdom because people just spit it on the floor and walk away.

Seems to have become acceptable that chewing gum can be chewed with your mouth open at all times so you can see and hear everything about the whole chewing process.
Indeed.

Chewing gum is the smallpox of architecture.

Was just thinking. This thread has been going for over five years now and it is still going strong.

Credit to the person who started it, in the pre-pandemic era. 'Twas one called Bluemooners09. I think. Is he (or she) still posting?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.