Stupid little things that bug you

The further ruination of our language with more Americanisms

You got this
You go, girl
Go smash it

and everything being "a blast"
More and more of this is creeping in; seemingly, by the day. I can’t stand it!

There’s a prevalence of this “be like” shit n’all. “My Thursday mornings be like…” - err, that doesn’t make fucking sense pal!

And things like “it take two minutes to brush your teeth before bed” - “take”, fucking “take”?! It’s “TAKES”. There’s an ‘s’ at the end of takes otherwise it makeS no bloody sense!

Since when has sounding like an American hillbilly with three teeth, a bad mullet, who sleeps with his sister, been fashionable?

Clubs who suddenly fill their grounds for a cup tie or big game , then suddenly pronounce their fans are the best in the world. See Stockport getting over 10k last and buzzing their tits off about it . No mention of where these extra 4k have been hiding for the last 5 years.

More and more of this is creeping in; seemingly, by the day. I can’t stand it!

There’s a prevalence of this “be like” shit n’all. “My Thursday mornings be like…” - err, that doesn’t make fucking sense pal!

And things like “it take two minutes to brush your teeth before bed” - “take”, fucking “take”?! It’s “TAKES”. There’s an ‘s’ at the end of takes otherwise it makeS no bloody sense!

Since when has sounding like an American hillbilly with three teeth, a bad mullet, who sleeps with his sister, been fashionable?
To be fair to the hillbillies with mullets, the examples you cite are more black culture than hillbilly.

Just sayin’ ;-)

People saying "done" when they should say "did". Half the pundits on MOTD are guilty of this. Perhaps they left school at about 13 yrs to play football 24/7, but even so it is such basic English and really not difficult to get the hang of, is it? Or is it just me who really gets wound up by this? I cringe every time I hear it.
‘Infant English’

My 7 year old Nephew has recently grown out of using “done” instead of “did”. He’s not a particularly gifted child, quite standard really. He’s 7 and has a reading age of 7. But he now knows when to use the correct word for the past tense of do.

Anyone older than this who doesn’t (not “don’t”!) understand this past age of about 7 - okay, I’ll give them a year’s grace and say 8 - should be described as someone who speaks ‘Infant English’, and it should be seen as a speech impediment that needs correcting.

Any adults who speak like this should be ashamed of themselves! These football pundits on tele sound like idiots. Automatically makes me think, if they’re that thick I’m not going to take a blind bit of notice of their opinions.

To be fair to the hillbillies with mullets, the examples you cite are more black culture than hillbilly.

Just sayin’ ;-)
Really? Whenever I see or hear this, I immediately think of Cletus Spuckler off The Simpsons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather presenters.

KEEP YOUR FUCKING HANDS STILL.

Stop blocking the north west with your hands and arms, at the time I need to know what the weather's going to be like, especially when they say "we're in for a changeable day".

Fools
I have no idea why they are even on the screens. Surely they just need their voice over the images?

They either get in the way with daft movements, or they’re fit as fuck and you just watch them and take no notice of the weather!

Last edited by a moderator:
‘Infant English’

Any adults who speak like this should be ashamed of themselves! These football pundits on tele sound like idiots. Automatically makes me think, if they’re that thick I’m not going to take a blind bit of notice of their opinions.
Wot?
You mean vem people like Ferdinand and Wright?

Fik as fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.