Stupid little things that bug you

I broadly approve of pedants, as we should try to get things right. There is far too much misinformation about and it breeds ignorance.

For example, I don't like 'Lady Anne Dodd' being described as such. Unless she is the daughter of a duke, marquis or earl (which she is not) she is either Anne, Lady Dodd or Lady Dodd.

How on earth people expect to send out correctly worded invitations when they don't understand such basics I cannot comprehend.
Also, If they aren’t engraved, I wouldn’t even touch them. Poor form and also, taking me for a ****. Even though that is accurate, you don’t convey that by a poxy printed card. Have a bit of respect, for yourself if no one else. Some people.

Sitting in on your own, you have a lovely cake and make a cup of tea. You sit down to watch football you have recorded, games about to start, you have your mouth all shaped for a bite and you hear the door opening, as they are back earlier than you had first hoped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.