Sturgeon wants another referendum

If Scotland gain independence, will England have to pay submarine parking fees? And can we borrow a curling coach or two?

Hilarious as we see folk desperately making the argument for a split whilst on another thread it's the complete opposite from them.

The EU won't touch them with a bargepole and that's even if the Spanish government entertained the idea of them joining which they won't.

Enjoy the Euro because you won't be keeping £Sterling.

Enjoy the huge deficits for years to come and if you think you have seen austerity, think again.

Oh and enjoy Brussels and Strasbourg calling the shots because if you do get in, you will be yet another economic basket case doing as its told in the hope of yet another handout.
My daughter her husband and 2 grandkids live in the west end of Glasgow which is supposed to be one of the nicer areas, but the roads and pavements are a disgrace seems like every other shop is a charity shop you can'tgo more than a few yards without being accosted by beggers or big issue sellers, ok you can park for free at the hospital or have free game bowls or tennis in the parks but the place is a dump

Snp want a vote even though they cant say whether scotland will stay in the eu,dont have a currency and face worse economic conditions than 2014 (the once in a lifetime vote).
Absolute suicide and i hope Theresa May tells her to get fucked.
Of course she wants another vote. As soon as she stops pushing for independence she and her party become irrelevant. Corbyn yesterday saying he's not dealt arses and the jocks can have another vote if they want probably stole her thunder a bit too. I view sturgeons demands in the same way as I view my child's demands for another x box game tbh.
As others have already said, there is at best irony and at worst racism in wanting independence from Westminster so you can subjugate yourself to EU rule. I'm honestly surprised some of these clowns can spell their own names, but if they want independence then let them have it.

Last edited:
You slag off brexit and the so called rise of the right wing in the uk. But will happily vote on your own nationalistic agenda. Touch of double standards there it seems. So now you want to leave the uk only to go and join another club. The thing is the other club namely the EU will want a big contribution instead of the block grant you get now from the uk. Add to that the price of oil dropping from 110dollars a barrel to 50, the fact that 80% of your trade goes through the rest of the uk and then add in your share of the national debt and all in all the economic outlook for an independent Scotland looks pretty bleak to me. What is it £1600 per person more spent in Scotland than the English regions. Sometimes people don't know when they are better off. I hope you get your vote but this time hopefully there won't be any weak PM trudging north bleating and bribing you to stay.

I'm not going to get too deep into the financial debate on here. It's not my main factor when deciding which way to vote. It's more personal in that no matter how wealthy or poor we become, I'd like to see us govern ourselves and not London do it for us. That's it.

On the first part of your statement, surely you can see the difference between Scottish independence from Westminster and the far right UKIP loving looney's I'm on about? It's two completely different types of nationalism - if you can call it that.

I'm not going to get too deep into the financial debate on here. It's not my main factor when deciding which way to vote. It's more personal in that no matter how wealthy or poor we become, I'd like to see us govern ourselves and not London do it for us. That's it.

On the first part of your statement, surely you can see the difference between Scottish independence from Westminster and the far right UKIP loving looney's I'm on about? It's two completely different types of nationalism - if you can call it that.
'Different types of nationalism' lol.

If Scotland gain independence, will England have to pay submarine parking fees? And can we borrow a curling coach or two?

We'll have to import Irn-Bru under WTO rules, with a 10% tax applied. How will we cope???

My daughter her husband and 2 grandkids live in the west end of Glasgow which is supposed to be one of the nicer areas, but the roads and pavements are a disgrace seems like every other shop is a charity shop you can'tgo more than a few yards without being accosted by beggers or big issue sellers, ok you can park for free at the hospital or have free game bowls or tennis in the parks but the place is a dump
I'm not having that, it's a brilliant place to live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.