Sturgeon wants another referendum

Countries have been drifting apart for a long time, socially, politically, and economically, so it's perhaps best that a referendum is held and that Scotland remains in the European Union. That will allow England and Wales to go it together and maximise their full potential on the global stage. Not sure what will happen to Northern Ireland in the next twenty years.

Brilliant news for us.

After all, in 2014 one of the 2 main cases for staying in the UK (The other being the currency issue) was the only way to be certain of staying in the EU was to vote No.

Now that the goalposts have been completely shifted, there is absolutely a mandate for a second referendum.

I sincerely hope my countrymen and woman get it right this time round.

Time to get away from the ever growing far right wing minded lunatics voting for the other far right wing lunatics to govern our country. A clear divide has developed between what is wanted North and South of the border.

#StillYes.

You slag off brexit and the so called rise of the right wing in the uk. But will happily vote on your own nationalistic agenda. Touch of double standards there it seems. So now you want to leave the uk only to go and join another club. The thing is the other club namely the EU will want a big contribution instead of the block grant you get now from the uk. Add to that the price of oil dropping from 110dollars a barrel to 50, the fact that 80% of your trade goes through the rest of the uk and then add in your share of the national debt and all in all the economic outlook for an independent Scotland looks pretty bleak to me. What is it £1600 per person more spent in Scotland than the English regions. Sometimes people don't know when they are better off. I hope you get your vote but this time hopefully there won't be any weak PM trudging north bleating and bribing you to stay.

Hilarious as we see folk desperately making the argument for a split whilst on another thread it's the complete opposite from them.

The EU won't touch them with a bargepole and that's even if the Spanish government entertained the idea of them joining which they won't.

Enjoy the Euro because you won't be keeping £Sterling.

Enjoy the huge deficits for years to come and if you think you have seen austerity, think again.

Oh and enjoy Brussels and Strasbourg calling the shots because if you do get in, you will be yet another economic basket case doing as its told in the hope of yet another handout.

Brilliant news for us.

After all, in 2014 one of the 2 main cases for staying in the UK (The other being the currency issue) was the only way to be certain of staying in the EU was to vote No.

Now that the goalposts have been completely shifted, there is absolutely a mandate for a second referendum.

I sincerely hope my countrymen and woman get it right this time round.

Time to get away from the ever growing far right wing minded lunatics voting for the other far right wing lunatics to govern our country. A clear divide has developed between what is wanted North and South of the border.

#StillYes.

not the first time we have shifted their goalposts

Let them go. It's time. We can then have another war and subjugate them much like Edward 1 did all those years ago.

Honestly, you would think that experienced politicians would know what side their bread is buttered on.

The UK govt will veto this vote.
Id suggest letting brexit take ita course, set some economic measures for scotland and review in 5 or 6 years to guage the impact. If scotland are clearly worse off then have a discussion about another referendum. The fact the snp wouldnt entertain that shows their real agenda, god knows how they can complain about brexit before anyone knows the long term outcome.
Anti english wankers.

You slag off brexit and the so called rise of the right wing in the uk. But will happily vote on your own nationalistic agenda. Touch of double standards there it seems. So now you want to leave the uk only to go and join another club. The thing is the other club namely the EU will want a big contribution instead of the block grant you get now from the uk. Add to that the price of oil dropping from 110dollars a barrel to 50, the fact that 80% of your trade goes through the rest of the uk and then add in your share of the national debt and all in all the economic outlook for an independent Scotland looks pretty bleak to me. What is it £1600 per person more spent in Scotland than the English regions. Sometimes people don't know when they are better off. I hope you get your vote but this time hopefully there won't be any weak PM trudging north bleating and bribing you to stay.
I'm not having that. The economic outlook for an independent Scotland isn't bleak. It's basket case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.