Sturgeon wants another referendum

We actually got more votes than the time we had a maj. Due to the weird electoral system designed to prevent an outright maj, we had votes shared with other parties and as a result were one seat short of another overall majority.

OK, Mr Pole. Let's take a closer look at these 2015 general election outcomes:

SNP: 1,454,436 votes. 56 seats
Lib Dem: 2,415,888 votes. 8 seats
UKIP: 3,881,129 votes. 1 seat

And you say the system is fixed against you?

I find it baffling the amount of rage and unpleasantness on here from mainly English people against Scotland daring to want to go it alone. Can anyone explain why you are so angry about this? I happen to think Sturgeon should be made to wait until after we Brexit but I can't understand for the life of me the bitterness towards her.

I find it baffling the amount of rage and unpleasantness on here from mainly English people against Scotland daring to want to go it alone. Can anyone explain why you are so angry about this? I happen to think Sturgeon should be made to wait until after we Brexit but I can't understand for the life of me the bitterness towards her.

Because she's a nationalist. The same reason I think Trump or Hitler are dickheads.

ApDcp3f.jpg

For me the Scottish referendum was meant to be a once in a generation vote. I'm not sure that 2 years counts as a generation.

For me the Scottish referendum was meant to be a once in a generation vote. I'm not sure that 2 years counts as a generation.

I would remind you how unexpected was the out-turn of the Brexit vote. Under normal circumstances the Scottish ref would indeed have been once in a generation. However, leaving the EU is understandably seen by many (not just SNP supporters) as a game changer.

In my opinion that's sufficient to warrant a second referendum post Brexit negotiation.

We actually got more votes than the time we had a maj. Due to the weird electoral system designed to prevent an outright maj, we had votes shared with other parties and as a result were one seat short of another overall majority.

You can look that up.

The Greens were part if the Yes coalition, so it's hardly a shock that they too feel Brexut us a significant change.

The mandate is there. And May wil be in the difficult position if refusing the manifesto pledge endorsed by both the 57 seats at Westminster and being in Gov.

What part if that don't you get. The three unionist parties combined could not take power.

Now uf that doesn't tell you what people wanted I'am afraid you will never be convinced.

We need a swing of 300,000 votes to turn the result 55/45. Old people gave passed on, young people coming in.

It's doeable.

That's all I'm saying.

"And May wil be in the difficult position if refusing the manifesto pledge endorsed by both the 57 seats at Westminster and being in Gov."

You do see things so entirely through a narrow SNP viewpoint

I do not think that May feels in any way to be in a difficult position - it was not her Party's manifesto pledge. Her Party's manifesto pledge was about the 'other' Referendum

She will (and should) be giving those activities all her focus - Why the fuck should she e remotely bothered by all this SNP clamour for Indyref2???

What is in it for May? Fuck all other than unwarranted distraction from a minority group

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.