Style of football / Mancini's tactics {merged}

Our set up relies on attacking fullbacks for width but they couldn't get in behind the defence today, we looked more dangerous when AJ came on and did so.
Kolorov managed it a few times, but I'm still not impressed with Boateng and find it puzzling that some think he had a good game... I saw a lack of passion and urgency and was disappointed with him for breaking our momentum up in stoppage time by giving a needless free kick away which we never got going again from, a game like today would have been ideal for Richards, as he provides better attacking options, and wouldn't have been under a lot of pressure at the back.

I thought you played some really lovely stuff, was good to watch but there was nothing apart from play centrally. Of course your full backs are meant to provide width but I always believe you need more than that. We just put 9/10 men behind the ball and defended quite narrowly and you found it tough to play little balls in behind and through us. Dzeko I think will be a great player but there needs to be service from wide areas, he'll score goals. Get Toure into the box and you've got two really big presences inside the box. Also creates more space for the likes of Tevez and Silva in and around the edge of the box.

blumoonrises said:
Our set up relies on attacking fullbacks for width but they couldn't get in behind the defence today, we looked more dangerous when AJ came on and did so.
Kolorov managed it a few times, but I'm still not impressed with Boateng and find it puzzling that some think he had a good game... I saw a lack of passion and urgency and was disappointed with him for breaking our momentum up in stoppage time by giving a needless free kick away which we never got going again from, a game like today would have been ideal for Richards, as he provides better attacking options, and wouldn't have been under a lot of pressure at the back.

I am one that thought Boateng had a decent game but in doing his day job of defending. He was adequate on the attacking part , had one good shot and provided the cross for Barry's effort.

I don't agree though with the lack of passion urgency finger being pointed at him as I thought that was the problem with the team for most of the match and definitely not one player.

We started at a slow pace and hardly got going till late on when we realised that it wasnt happening by playing nice passes around and in front of Villa's defence.

Is that slow pace just down to the players?

we struggle to break threw teams who dont come out against us esp threw the middle birmhm ,evtn,blackburn games we need to find other ways past defences that dont come out birmhm nxt wednesday will be another one

nowt wrong with the tactics, just unlucky today. we still created many chances, plenty to win the game. Villa came at us with everything today and had about 13 wingers in their XI.

with our system / style the first goal is really vital if we get in front we can pick teams off on the break, if we fall behind we struggle to break teams down with our slower build up especially when teams are defending a lead and not giving any space in behind for us to exploit.

today was probably the 1st time mancini has had his first XI available. Dzeko still settling in and altho weve had results recently we have been poor against blackpool and wolves and been lucky to get results. our luck was bound to change sooner, hopefully its the kick up the arse we have needed for a few weeks and bobby gets stuck into them and we see a response next time out.

The team lacks some pace, as a plan B. Plan A is fine and will win us a lot of games. But plan B is needed to win titles and cups.

Gareth bale would be ideal :)

Re: Style of football...

Freestyler said:
i don't mind it, i just think were to one dimensional at times, no width and try and play down the middle, every team defending works us out, and just blocks everything.

tonight we ran out of ideas, villa were penned in and had everyone back, as long as they kept their shape, we were never gonna get through them.

we need more creativity and direction to our play, i worry for us when we go a goal down, were good when we score first and lead, but when we go down we lack that cutting edge most of the time.

in the last 10 mins villa had a back line of 6...........but i agree with you......we lacked width today and i think we should have looked for alternatives earlier in the second half as it was clear once villa had scored what was going to happen

Prestwich_Blue said:
We're too slow to get going in games and too slow going forward. We miss Bellamy who gives us pace and also injects some urgency. With 10 minutes to go and still a goal down we were still stroking the ball about as though we were 2 up.

As Barca and arsenal and Inter and Madrid do.

We will not revert to the caveman style of football we played last season.

Bellamy would be useless in the current team.

Sabster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
We're too slow to get going in games and too slow going forward. We miss Bellamy who gives us pace and also injects some urgency. With 10 minutes to go and still a goal down we were still stroking the ball about as though we were 2 up.

As Barca and arsenal and Inter and Madrid do.

We will not revert to the caveman style of football we played last season.

Bellamy would be useless in the current team.

Spot fuckin on lad.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.