Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Two wrongs don't make a right though. Not sure which quotes you are referring to re Braverman so I can't comment but it's pretty clear to anyone with an IQ in double figures what Lineker was trying to unsubtly say. If he wasn't trying to compare the situation / language of asylum seekers / refugees to Nazi Germany what was he doing? And surely if the language was the same, not having a debate about that, is he implying that modern day Britain is trying to commit genocide like the Nazis?

No, he’s saying our current government is using the same language and tools that Nazis used in the 1930s in order to stoke resentment in the populace against specific groups.

He’s not comparing the subsequent actions at all. That’s a leap that the conservatives will suggest though, as (surprise!) they will use language and tools in order to stoke resentment in the populace against specific groups (in this instance now, the bbc itself and left leaning sports presenters…)

Okay. I hoped maybe you would look up the quotes Suella said. I mean it’s all over this thread your commenting on. Nevertheless, when you get a chance listen or read the rhetoric the Home Secretary is using and then please do come back and answer my question.
Given the amount she has been talking about what specific quotes do you want me to comment on

Given the amount she has been talking about what specific quotes do you want me to comment on

We can start with the most recent ones she made that Lineker felt he should comment on but frankly it’s not to dissimilar from one’s she has made since becoming Home Secretary.

How the fuck would I know if it was or not?
Language Timothy,you posted earlier about the root of the Holocaust with a hint towards the current language being used,so are you of the opinion that a similar scenario could unfold or were you just posting it with no connection whatsoever to your own personal opinion.

Language Timothy,you posted earlier about the root of the Holocaust with a hint towards the current language being used,so are you of the opinion that a similar scenario could unfold or were you just posting it with no connection whatsoever to your own personal opinion.

I'm not Mystic Meg or a time traveller so I'm unlikely to give you an informed answer.

But I'm not sure you are getting the message. Perhaps you might want to book yourself on a tour or read some books rather than create daft tangents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.