Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

For clarity and I do like clarity - Lineker didn’t mention Nazis or Genocide - he commented that language similar to that used in Germany in the 1930s had been used and therefore whether you like him or not he was correct.
Yes but you are no longer allowed to read a tweet without conjuring up a whole load of hidden meanings. Even better if you take things out of context.

Haha you quoted the US to try and prove a point that old ways are fine. America really? Pmsl

Anyhoo if you think updating something or trying something new to reflect the times we live in is a bad idea then we shall simply have to disagree.

I'm aware everyone is welcome at Bob's house from previous experience:-)
Did he kick you out in the morning?

A fine point if one thinks highly populated areas are the goal or even an okay thing.

The argument seems to be an increased population may make areas more dense but other places are worse so what's the problem.

What a tremendous outlook. The kind of short sighted fuckwittery politicians usually get pelters for.

I say you sir, yes you, can you stop shitting in this river please I fish here.

Do you realise that other rivers have more sewage in?

Really? Well I may as well take a dump while I'm here.

It is not a sin to admit some things come with negatives. A hole won't open up. Your 'side' will not have lost. Grown ups understand this.
Not the best analogy I have to say. Shitting in a river is never a great idea but living in a place where there’s lots of people and the infrastructure to support that number quite often is, and there’s plenty of places with higher population densities than anywhere in the UK that are desirable places to live.

As I said I don't know the quotes Lineker was responding to and quite honestly why would anyone in today's world compare anything to the Holocaust. Nothing would ever come close to it so your question is pretty facile

Facile, do me a favour.

Look, he compared the language to that used by the NSDP and associates in the 30's. NOT the holocaust.

A mistake of a sort, alas, to say otherwise. But what sort of mistake? A facile mistake?

Ask your GCSE Humanities teacher. And then ask them about the tweet. Because it's pretty clear to me, Lineker is talking about stuff covered in both GCSE English AND History.

Consider this:

How facile would we be to consider the lessons of history as learned?

Perhaps lessons from the past are - indeed - not really relevant. Not in this, the best of all possible worlds. Cough.

Perhaps, indeed, it is high time that we reworked Not-Jefferson's quote, and instead started saying;

"The price of liberty used to be eternal vigilance but thanks to social media we know better than that now"?

I mean. My guess is, this is just another slightly irrational reactions to social media. And perhaps a touch of jealousy towards Linekar. Barca. England. World Cup top scorer. Played with Gazza. Knew Bobby Robson. Plum TV job. Loadsacash. Presumably both English and History GCSE's at C grade or above. Ridiculous skin for someone with grey hair.

It's that, isn't it?

As I said I don't know the quotes Lineker was responding to and quite honestly why would anyone in today's world compare anything to the Holocaust. Nothing would ever come close to it so your question is pretty facile
He didn’t

Not being funny but what is the quote you are referring to, there are so many.

Let’s just focus on the Home Secretary referring to asylum seekers as a “swarm”. Then we can analyze other comments she’s made like “one hundred million displaced around the world and likely billions more eager to come here is possible.”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.