Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

'What [Enoch] Powell says today, the Tories say tomorrow and Labour legislates on the day after.’

Ambalavaner Sivanandan as right now as he was in the 60s.
For all Sivanandan's criticism of how some of Labour's legislation might impact on ethnic minorities, I don't remember the "Rivers of Blood Act".

Another silly bit of allthesamery.

People don’t like Jess Phillips but it’s pretty incredible how simply she highlights the absolutely inhuman cruelty of Braverman’s plan and how their words will be used to enable the people they’re pretending to help.

I don't know of anyone who doesn't like Jess Phillips. Suella Braverman, on the other hand...
I guess we mix in different circles.

By all means, keep FPTP voting, but do not tell me in the next breath that the UK is a democracy.

FPTP voting means majority governments with unlimited powers are elected by a minority of the public. How the fuck is that 'democratic'?

If we are to be ruled by a minority, then abandon the pretence of democracy and let the minority be the best educated and most well-informed.

This is a ridiculous setup. A hereditary head of state. An upper house made up of people descended from Charles II's whores, bishops and political cronies - some of the latter being truly obnoxious beings. A lower house where a minority-elected government claim a 'strong mandate' for whatever absurdities they call the 'people's priorities'. Give me fucking strength. It cannot possibly be justified. It's like something out of Gulliver's Travels or Alice Through The Looking Glass. We don't even have a proper Constitution to protect us, and a large number of people want us out of the ECHR. It's appalling.

By all means, keep FPTP voting, but do not tell me in the next breath that the UK is a democracy.

FPTP voting means majority governments with unlimited powers are elected by a minority of the public. How the fuck is that 'democratic'?

If we are to be ruled by a minority, then abandon the pretence of democracy and let the minority be the best educated and most well-informed.

This is a ridiculous setup. A hereditary head of state. An upper house made up of people descended from Charles II's whores, bishops and political cronies - some of the latter being truly obnoxious beings. A lower house where a minority-elected government claim a 'strong mandate' for whatever absurdities they call the 'people's priorities'. Give me fucking strength. It cannot possibly be justified. It's like something out of Gulliver's Travels or Alice Through The Looking Glass. We don't even have a proper Constitution to protect us, and a large number of people want us out of the ECHR. It's appalling.
It’s fucking broken.

Wait until the ‘Retained EU Law bill’ becomes active and they can remove almost all EU law, by default, on 31/12/2023. No scrutiny, no time to put ‘good laws’ in their place, just what a party with ever dwindling support wishes.
This is where the environmental standards go completely for a burton and, potentially, rights like holiday pay and sick pay. Our Lords and Masters probably never in their wildest dreams thought it could all be this easy to return us to feudal times.…

Ha ha ha - Andrew Castle who occupies the " I am not a Tory but but really I am " that Ferrari occupies is wearing a Zelenesky sweatshirt - is he trolling?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.