Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

I see the Nottingham thread has been ruined and eventually closed.

Just read the two dads were at a vigil in Nottingham today, with the girls dad speaking to the students, and the boys dad with his hand on his shoulder. Two completely brave men. I have no idea how you’d get the strength to do something like that so soon, if ever.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

I see the Nottingham thread has been ruined and eventually closed.

Just read the two dads were at a vigil in Nottingham today, with the girls dad speaking to the students, and the boys dad with his hand on his shoulder. Two completely brave men. I have no idea how you’d get the strength to do something like that so soon, if ever.

Absolutely heartbreaking.
Get ready for cliched phrases from the media such as how it's brought the city together in unison and made it stronger and more bonded.

That won't bring back dead family members and friends.

They know it remains out of their control simple as
They want it to. Then, with their base suitably riled, they can blame the blob, wokes, snowflakes, civil servants, working from home, Macron, lefties, lefty lawyers... Meanwhile, they create a smugglers' charter by denying access to safe and legal routes.

The Protest Bill, accepted in the Lords today, will be the latest. Already, Liberty are challenging its legality and you can foresee 'Irate of Leamington Spa' bouncing about people stopping the elected government from doing its job, when the government has squeezed through legislation despite rejection in the Commons. They're a disgrace, frankly.

They want it to. Then, with their base suitably riled, they can blame the blob, wokes, snowflakes, civil servants, working from home, Macron, lefties, lefty lawyers

The problem with approach is you can only take it so far - if you announce policy after policy if you say you are really really this time we mean it will do something and make it one of your 5 platforms for success but the numbers have an inexorable rise even the base starts to realise they are talking gibberish

It's deliberate. By not giving the numbers now it stays out of the press, and when she writes to the committee later it won't get prominent billing.

Whether that's because she wants to downplay or exaggerate the number, who knows.

You may be correct but I am inclined to my mince conclusion - to turn up time after time ill prepared shuffling through paper and asking your "officials" answer really awkward questions cannot eventually impress even her most devoted supporters.

Suggestion - have everything you need on say a tablet or a laptop. Include a "search" facility and when you are asked how many hotels are being used you can type how many hotels in to the search facility and have the info to hand. That way you can give the appearance of someone capable of doing your job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.