Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

The problem with approach is you can only take it so far - if you announce policy after policy if you say you are really really this time we mean it will do something and make it one of your 5 platforms for success but the numbers have an inexorable rise even the base starts to realise they are talking gibberish

I used to reach the same conclusion but recently I have found there base that they are trying to appeal with this don’t care for the reality. The cruelty of their policies isn’t a big bug but a design feature just as is their rhetoric. That’s why most of the “solutions” they come up with have been deemed illegal.

You may be correct but I am inclined to my mince conclusion - to turn up time after time ill prepared shuffling through paper and asking your "officials" answer really awkward questions cannot eventually impress even her most devoted supporters.
It’s better to feign incompetence than just deliberate contempt. Therese Coffey is another who repeatedly did this trick.

Braverman obviously know the answer to the safe and legal routes when Tim Loughten role played as an African boy, but to state it plainly then would have undermined their whole campaign about illegal invaders.

Suggestion - have everything you need on say a tablet or a laptop. Include a "search" facility and when you are asked how many hotels are being used you can type how many hotels in to the search facility and have the info to hand. That way you can give the appearance of someone capable of doing your job.

Why do you think they want to appear competent when it is in their interests to frustrate committees and stall for time until they can push through legislation and limp on to a general election in late 2024?

The Protest Bill, accepted in the Lords today, will be the latest. Already, Liberty are challenging its legality and you can foresee 'Irate of Leamington Spa' bouncing about people stopping the elected government from doing its job, when the government has squeezed through legislation despite rejection in the Commons. They're a disgrace, frankly.
Indeed they are but so are the 'opposition' for abstaining .... yet again.

Agreed - I don't like sacrificing principles for victory.

That is certainly one of the things to be considered here. Assuming what is written is correct, this seems to explain that a fatal motion could be got round (tweet 15, I think, not sure how). Looks like 11 Labour Lords voted for the motion.

She's just showed up at Nottingham Station. No doubt to politicise the Vigil going on in the City centre later.
That’s an absolute certainty.
There will be irony-free hand-wringing and warm kind words from this parody of a warm-blooded creature, followed by a reminder of the ethnicity of the perpetrator and how dark forces and blobs are at work thwarting her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.