Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Just a technical issue why is she doing this? I mean Billy-no-balls Sunak sacked her didn't he? So why is he allowing her a resignation speech?
She dressed it up as a personal statement a while after the sacking , so probably not a resignation speech as such , only listened to the first couple of mins tbh , i like my telly

She dressed it up as a personal statement a while after the sacking , so probably not a resignation speech as such , only listened to the first couple of mins tbh , i like my telly
It was basically a knifing of current government dressed up as something else.

Under normal times it would be huge news for such a direct attack on government policy by a recently sacked cabinet minister. But not with this lot. Its tea room shitstiring in the form a speech in the house.

Maybe doing it the day bojo is going to be on the news is part of the plan here for the loonies to try to limit damage.

It was basically a knifing of current government dressed up as something else.

Under normal times it would be huge news for such a direct attack on government policy by a recently sacked cabinet minister. But not with this lot. Its tea room shitstiring in the form a speech in the house.

Maybe doing it the day bojo is going to be on the news is part of the plan here for the loonies to try to limit damage.
I think this was meant to be a speech to the parliamentary party, a threat to Sunak and a speech to guage her support in a leadership challenge.
It came across as a deranged rant about Human rights and a party in the early stages of another internal war within itself, and one thing we can take from history is "a divided house cannot stand".

Electioneering for Leader following the (highly probable) bad defeat in the GE.

This woman knows that the Tory membership (dominated by geriatric neo-fascists and people who want to live in 1955) is quite likely to choose her if they get the chance. There is no saying what the Parliamentary Conservative Party - who select the two runners - will look like after the GE. Could conceivably be even more RW than it is now. But I'd be more than surprised if the national electorate would choose SB, Nigel Farage, or any other of the fruitloops DM readers admire as PM. They are all the Tory equivalent of a more extreme version of Jeremy Corbyn.

Electioneering for Leader following the (highly probable) bad defeat in the GE.

This woman knows that the Tory membership (dominated by geriatric neo-fascists and people who want to live in 1955) is quite likely to choose her if they get the chance. There is no saying what the Parliamentary Conservative Party - who select the two runners - will look like after the GE. Could conceivably be even more RW than it is now. But I'd be more than surprised if the national electorate would choose SB, Nigel Farage, or any other of the fruitloops DM readers admire as PM. They are all the Tory equivalent of a more extreme version of Jeremy Corbyn.

Badenoch keeps being mentioned (and not just by Dorries) as the chosen one of the party machine.
MPs may disagree, but the pool of likely candidates is going to be small.

I saw the Independent yesterday refer to Gullis as "Senior Conservative MP" - he only became an MP in 2019!

Badenoch keeps being mentioned (and not just by Dorries) as the chosen one of the party machine.
MPs may disagree, but the pool of likely candidates is going to be small.

I saw the Independent yesterday refer to Gullis as "Senior Conservative MP" - he only became an MP in 2019!
The Parliamentary Tory party gene pool just keeps getting shallower and shallower, and the receding tide (to mix a few metaphors) is revealing some hideous bottom-feeding creatures that thrive among the deepest darkest sludge and slime and would never be visible in more normal times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.