Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Well I accept your post, it makes a lot of sense, although I still have a bit of an issue with 'governments can't be trusted with absolute power'. When I put my cross in a box and make my vote I do so assuming they do have (absolute power) if they don't - because of some higher power, well what's the bloody point?

One thing puzzles me though: in 2016 when the people were campaigning for Brexit and shouting about 'take back control of our laws' or indeed the GE of 2019 - get Brexit done - control of borders/laws etc. why did nobody on the other side of the argument say what you have said?

On a totally different note, your steam engine analogy reminded me of something. I recently had a medical checkup and was told to get myself to A&E pronto as my blood pressure was hypertension level 3.

As they were doing various tests on me, I said to the nurse "would it help if I donated a pint of blood, or even a whole armful".... she told me it's not quite as simple as that.

I think I maybe the new Tony Hancock!
Plenty said it.
It just wasn’t reported in the Daily Heil.
And your cat story was a lie by May, surprise, surprise.

I’ll give it four weeks and you’ll be reporting that Baa, baa, black sheep has been banned in schools and Xmas replaced with Winterval….

Last edited:
The reality is virtually no-one is "sent back" because under international law and our law they have the right to stay - they are refugee's thats over 70% of people who come here. There are no illegal immigrants - there are immigrants who after an asylum claim is considered can have their right to remain removed. Only then is their presence here illegal.
This is not correct or it is out-of-date information. Some 12,000 Albanians have entered the UK in small boats compared with 800 last year, and 50 in 2020.

Of the 12,000 Albanians, 10,000 are single adult men.

Total so far 28,000 so 40% from Albanian which is not an unsafe country. So even if every single other person crossing the channel was an asylum seeker/refugee it would be 60% not 70 and that is not the case. Just like from Albania many, many are economic migrants.

You don’t scrap a system of legal protection for all just because a handful find a way to exploit it.
I hope for everyone’s sake that they don’t find themselves on the wrong side of the law without recourse for legal protection
It’s a system that makes us so much better than those we vilify.

This is not correct or it is out-of-date information. Some 12,000 Albanians have entered the UK in small boats compared with 800 last year, and 50 in 2020.

Total so far 28,000 so 40% from Albanian which is not an unsafe country. So even if every single other person crossing the channel was an asylum seeker/refugee it would be 60% not 70 and that is not the case. Just like from Albania many, many are economic migrants.

Over half of Albanians are successful in their asylum claim, so it clearly isn’t a safe place to live for everyone by our own admission.

Over half of Albanians are successful in their asylum claim, so it clearly isn’t a safe place to live for everyone by our own admission.
It’s the lefty civil servants that don’t now the rules and let too many people in, not any persecution in Albania…

Perhaps they are all coming over here to take back Harry Maguire?

Your point being? It is correct. Where they are from is immaterial - how they got here the same. They are immigrants under international and our law. Processing an asylum claim is how the legality of their entry is determined. If people are waiting years for that to take place then none of those Albanians are currently illegal immigrants in the eyes of our laws

It's so convenient that you're an expert on Albanian human rights standards and safety as well as being anti-immigration.
I would struggle to live without Bluemoon. I have tried other social media - for example Mumsnet, but this one is where I am happiest.

I get into trouble sometimes on the politics section of the site, but that helps me too. I like an argument!

It is usually with one or two relatively sane people, not 10,000 nutters on mumsnet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.