Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Which makes no longer being a member a big loss, as we are no longer able to wave a carrot (membership of the in the direction of their government in return for them moving towards sorting out their internal issues.

Makes you think, why don't we just reach a bilateral agreement to give them work permits to do work that we have shortages in.

That’s the really frustrating thing, the delay in processing the claims isn’t just horrific in terms of the pressures and conditions on the individuals, it’s delaying them from contributing to society.

Which makes no longer being a member a big loss, as we are no longer able to wave a carrot (membership of the in the direction of their government in return for them moving towards sorting out their internal issues.

Makes you think, why don't we just reach a bilateral agreement to give them work permits to do work that we have shortages in.
What, and take all those jobs that the little Englander would be prepared to do, but just couldn’t bring themselves?

Yes it is the Telegraph, I should have said that. I understand and respect the points you make also.

As regards my belief that the Civil Service seem to be running the country and not the MPs elected to do so - well I get that from watching 'Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister'!

I think if the Torys are to have any chance in 2024 they might have to implement some sort of override of European human rights law and to be honest, they should have done so already. They won an election on 'control of our laws' (and our borders) but because of European human rights and international maritime laws, they have failed on both counts.
Those pesky things called “laws” hey?

Same with plenty of departments, HMRC being another example where if they funded both properly they’d significantly recoup far more than the additional resources required by doing it.

Prime examples of where the conservatives have eschewed financial competence for political bollocks.
I had to phone the passport office yesterday and you know it’s bad when before you even get to speak to someone, they warn you not to be abusive to the staff. Obviously another job that’s unpleasant as fuck because it’s been underfunded for 10 years. I still remember when they got rid of the global offices and brought them all back to the UK. The wait for a passport was months because they couldn’t handle the huge demand that used to be done in Hong Kong and elsewhere.

I had to phone the passport office yesterday and you know it’s bad when before you even get to speak to someone, they warn you not to be abusive to the staff. Obviously another job that’s unpleasant as fuck because it’s been underfunded for 10 years. I still remember when they got rid of the global offices and brought them all back to the UK. The wait for a passport was months because they couldn’t handle the huge demand that used to be done in Hong Kong and elsewhere.

Completely agree and again, a practice they’re doing elsewhere like closing community hospitals.

High Master…

At Dulwich College the equivalent is simply known by this title.

Doctor-Who-Masters-Ranked-Cover-Picture.jpg

Thought it was worth a mention as it made me laugh when somebody told me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.