Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

This is why the Tories change their leader so often, because people will want to ‘give them a chance’ and effectively wipe the slate clean, and they can pretend that the new leader has no responsibility for the previous x number of incumbents who turned out to shit, even though the new one was fully supportive and voted for everything that the old one proposed.
It's worked a bit with diehard Tories, judging by yesterday's canvassing. That, plus "they're all the same", is why Labour can't take anything for granted. But Jonathan Freedland got it right:

"...it might actually be better for Labour if Sunak succeeds. Recall the Labour landslide of 1997, which came after a four-year economic recovery following the Tory disaster of Black Wednesday. That suggests not only that Britons are capable of inflicting delayed punishment on a government for an economic calamity that took place several years earlier, but that they tend to feel readier to turn to Labour when there is relative calm.

"Finally, Labour supporters are also citizens. They should not want the country to be the smoking ruin it was becoming under Truss – the currency tanking, debts rising – just because that would hasten a Labour victory. If Sunak represents the least insane route the Conservatives could have taken, that should be a source of relief rather than alarm. By now Labour should be confident enough to think beyond merely reaching the summit – looking instead to the scale of the task they will face when they get there."

This whole thing reminds me of the Dominic Cummings Barnard Castle affair and indeed Boris Johnsons 'partygate'. Some people are like a dog with a bone and just wont ever let it go. What unites Cummings/Johnson/Braverman....? well it's Brexit.

It always goes back to Brexit because it still annoys some people that the Brexit referendum took place: some Labour people, some Tory people, & I reckon a large swathe of the Civil Service. To see Cummings go, to see Johnson go and now to see Braverman under pressure, it's a form of revenge for Brexit.
This is all because of Brexit. Same people, different lies.

There is no such thing as an illegal asylum seeker, and it is not illegal to enter the UK to claim asylum.

People smuggling is the illegal part
One of them slipped in yesterday about "criminal gang immigrants from Albania", deliberately conflating the trafficking gangs with the trafficked people.

I know I am out of step with most people on this one (and a few other things) but I am not a bot or after 'clicks' I am genuinely interested in these things. Plus, last night when I was a bit tired and emotional I was moaning about my own personal circumstances and many people have given me kind advice today, even when I have annoyed with some controversial stuff. I thank them.

I have just been reading (in The Sunday Times) that they are going after her about something else today, namely that she tried to downscale the procurement of Hotels for migrants to save money. Its lead to people staying in over-crowded Manston for 4 weeks not 24 hours, in bad conditions. Now the government could be on the receiving end of a class action suit costing millions: "A senior Whitehall source added: 'The law has been broken . . . It is an entirely illegal situation. You can’t just detain people.'"

But it just seems strange to me that people who have committed an illegal act - by crossing the channel - then find they have the law on their side and ultimately (if the class action succeeds) may benefit. Illegal activity should not be rewarded. Plus this could act as an incentive to other people, to make more risky boat journeys.

I realise that if a criminal is caught and suspected of something the Police can only hold them for questioning for a limited period of time, but to apply the same law to the migrant issue just seems wrong - it is a quite different situation.
She’s a **** and should be fucking sacked, you’re a troll or a **** and should be banned.

I’ve nothing further to add to the bollocks you’ve been spouting for days

The funny thing is (except it is not so funny) I would love to be deported to Rwanda.

I am seriously right on the edge right now: recently I had a health scare and the medication will help me, but I work, but in a low paid job - so no free prescriptions for me. £40 a month is the cost of the medicine. My rent has just been increased by £50 whilst my pay remains static.

I am seriosly thinking that to get a cheap channel ticket to France and then a dingey back will be my best solution (I have a swarthy complexion) - my accomadation and food issues will be solved in an instant. But is it right I should even be thinking of that (probably not the best time of year). People keep slagging me off on here, but they don't know the full situation.
Gibberish
Racist gibberish

Gibberish
Racist gibberish

I typed some stuff last night in a state of - well I wasn't myself. I saw them this morning and I did not ask for the posts to be deleted, too many had been quoted.

I have tried to explain myself and I don't think 'racist' applies, I've also been called 'a troll or a ****' which again, I think is a bit harsh. I'm not a troll!

I am going to stick to football chat for now, I will come back on here if the thread title changes as it probably will do, within a week or so.

I typed some stuff last night in a state of - well I wasn't myself. I saw them this morning and I did not ask for the posts to be deleted, too many had been quoted.

I have tried to explain myself and I don't think 'racist' applies, I've also been called 'a troll or a ****' which again, I think is a bit harsh. I'm not a troll!

I am going to stick to football chat for now, I will come back on here if the thread title changes as it probably will do, within a week or so.
We hope your health improves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.