Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

This whole thing reminds me of the Dominic Cummings Barnard Castle affair and indeed Boris Johnsons 'partygate'. Some people are like a dog with a bone and just wont ever let it go. What unites Cummings/Johnson/Braverman....? well it's Brexit.

It always goes back to Brexit because it still annoys some people that the Brexit referendum took place: some Labour people, some Tory people, & I reckon a large swathe of the Civil Service. To see Cummings go, to see Johnson go and now to see Braverman under pressure, it's a form of revenge for Brexit.

This whole thing reminds me of the Dominic Cummings Barnard Castle affair and indeed Boris Johnsons 'partygate'. Some people are like a dog with a bone and just wont ever let it go. What unites Cummings/Johnson/Braverman....? well it's Brexit.

It always goes back to Brexit because it still annoys some people that the Brexit referendum took place: some Labour people, some Tory people, & I reckon a large swathe of the Civil Service. To see Cummings go, to see Johnson go and now to see Braverman under pressure, it's a form of revenge for Brexit.
More bollocks.

It’s about law breaking, pure and simple.

It’s never been acceptable for senior members of the government to break the law and not lose their jobs.

Perhaps it is just that people are sick of the lack of integrity and these people demonstrate it.

She is now trending as 'Leaky Sue' and Rishi made a poor appointment, it is that simple.

It’s got to be intentional. If it was incompetence she’d have emailed it from her government account. She must have consciously taken the file off a government server (probably using a memory stick) and loaded it on to her own device because even emailing it to her personal device would be against the rules.
I've got a government device and I couldn't load anything onto a memory stick. Can't even print to my home printers. I'd have to email it to my personal account and I would get a warning that I'm sending it to an external email address if I did that. I've done that occasionally for things like job applications, which might only be advertised on our internal network, and which I wanted to print and/or sort out over an evening or weekend on my personal device.

Bollocks. As mackenzie said, if you work for a Government department as we do, it's absolutely drummed into you. It's, at best, a breach of Civil Service rules and, at worst, potentially a criminal act under things like the Official Secrets Act.

Perhaps it is just that people are sick of the lack of integrity and these people demonstrate it.

She is now trending as 'Leaky Sue' and Rishi made a poor appointment, it is that simple.

I think his hands were tied as a deal had been done - her backing Rishi probably meant that he had so much support from the 'right' of the party Johnson then couldn't get the 100 MPs he needed to get back into the race.

I'm not sure what will happen if he sacks her now, will the knives be out for him for in effect reneging on the 'deal'?

I think his hands were tied as a deal had been done - her backing Rishi probably meant that he had so much support from the 'right' of the party Johnson then couldn't get the 100 MPs he needed to get back into the race.

I'm not sure what will happen if he sacks her now, will the knives be out for him for in effect reneging on the 'deal'?
That's a good question. He needed her support to appease the right of the party so he had to make a deal but having got into Number 10, he's now at liberty to sack her. It will have to happen sooner or later and the longer he puts it off, the worse it will be.

They should be out for him for choosing an MP who broke the ministerial code, just so he could gain selection. We have to get to a place where MPs do what is right for the nation, not what is right for themselves, their families and their donors. In my opinion, it is that simple. I only ask one question: are
the nation and its people in a better position following 12 years of the current government?

That's a good question. He needed her support to appease the right of the party so he had to make a deal but having got into Number 10, he's now at liberty to sack her. It will have to happen sooner or later and the longer he puts it off, the worse it will be.
We know the appointment was to appease that faction of their party, but maybe he suspected he would have to just sit it out and let the hullabaloo lead to the termination of her appointment. In other words "I offered her a role, but the media got her..."

I've got a government device and I couldn't load anything onto a memory stick. Can't even print to my home printers. I'd have to email it to my personal account and I would get a warning that I'm sending it to an external email address if I did that. I've done that occasionally for things like job applications, which might only be advertised on our internal network, and which I wanted to print and/or sort out over an evening or weekend on my personal device.
PB
and, presumably the document /s she sent would be marked with a security classification.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.