Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Never should have been brought back and the more that comes out makes Rishi even more stupid for bringing her back. Get the circus cannon out.

I’d have thought the devout Catholic and Christian Rees mogg ( **** ) would be all over the mistreatment of fellow human beings by a nation state .

Not sure why you're distracting the thread with Corbyn bollocks. He has not been LOTO for over two years, and waving an O-S document around in public (of which only the title page can be seen), whilst stupid, does not compare with the Home Secretary emailing classified documents to her mates. Even if it was comparable, he's gone never to return (hopefully).
Indeed, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Forgive me but I thought she'd only sent docs to herself and not to her mates? To be honest emailing an official sensitive document to yourself by accident is a little less serious than holding a leaked one up in a news conference where you then deliver a verdict on its sensitive contents for political gain....

Again.... just pointing out the hypocrisy and how this has happened before with politicians and nothing happened because at the top we only seemingly have a system of trial by media/twitter nowadays. Rules and laws don't seem to apply to anyone in politics.

Meanwhile if anyone at our level does this then you can bet we'd be facing the sack.

Forgive me but I thought she'd only sent docs to herself and not to her mates? To be honest emailing an official sensitive document to yourself by accident is a little less serious than holding a leaked one up in a news conference where you then deliver a verdict on its sensitive contents for political gain....

Again.... just pointing out the hypocrisy and how this has happened before with politicians and nothing happened because at the top we only seemingly have a system of trial by media/twitter nowadays. Rules and laws don't seem to apply to anyone in politics.

Meanwhile if anyone at our level does this then you can bet we'd be facing the sack.
She sent one to a backbencher from her personal account which is what precipitated her resignation.

This is more likely to be her downfall than the security issue.

Those decisions would probably play well with her right wing backers and the more gammony part of the electorate, whereas playing fast and loose with security procedures won’t go down well with anyone.

Those decisions would probably play well with her right wing backers and the more gammony part of the electorate, whereas playing fast and loose with security procedures won’t go down well with anyone.

True but that quite clearly led to them breaking the law.

Those documents were leaked online not leaked by the Labour Party. They were not related to issues of national security either.

The usual pathetic nihilism.

This is more likely to be her downfall than the security issue.

It also appears that many of the sources for the story are MPs. Wonder if it's infighting, or more cynically they knew she'd end up going for the emails, but this gives Sunak an excuse to bin her without u-turning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.