Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Which includes every single person who then applies for asylum.

Every single one of them. All here legally.

Are you seriously suggesting he worries about them all?

I’m merely trying to work out why his comment resulted in him being called a racist.

I’m sure you’re technically correct however that once arrived here, and you follow process, it’s entirely legal. It’s ridiculous that we don’t have application process centres around the world at consulates and embassies, applicants can apply. Once approved or denied them the optics of the legality on the channel crossings by dingy (for example) become far less muddied.

Although I often disagree with you I think you usually take a balanced view and present it well. So not sure if you've just been naive or disingenuous here in not reading the implications of his remarks about asylum seekers.

The problem is that no one has an option other than taking the “illegal” route when seeking asylum. His comments, however disingenuous, weren’t racist. Call him a **** by all means and I’d like that post. Because he is a ****. The “system” isn’t fit for purpose it’s not 1970 anymore, time to update it.

It’s an “invasion” looks like extreme language from the Home Secretary designed to frighten the public.
Sort it out we can’t have women and children living in appalling conditions down in Dover
It's designed to polarise the public and divide us into two baying mobs throwing insults at each other, getting more entrenched in our views and shutting down actual debate - just like brexit did. Have a look at the way this thread is going in the last 24 hrs to see the process working.

I’m merely trying to work out why his comment resulted in him being called a racist.

I’m sure you’re technically correct however that once arrived here, and you follow process, it’s entirely legal. It’s ridiculous that we don’t have application process centres around the world at consulates and embassies, applicants can apply. Once approved or denied them the optics of the legality on the channel crossings by dingy (for example) become far less muddied.

How about the fact that he stigmatises them as being illegal entrants to the country based on nothing more substantial than that they are foreign?

By the way, if you are being persecuted by (say) the Afghan government, if they see you queuing up at the British Embassy in Kabul, do you think the persecution would reduce, increase or stay the same?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.