Suicide

Hi all.
Pretty tired but you all deserve an update.
Firstly, whilst it's far from certain at moment it's been a v positive evening and, as happens in life, things change dramatically. As of the time of this post there is a lot of hope. I may soon have my life back as I know it. At some point, as promised before, I'll explain the full story. For now I'll say....the post I made, looking back at it was scary. Not scary just as I was considering suicide, but scary because that decision had already been made. I was 100% certain suicide was happening. I had been looking up the nearest train track when I typed it. I've still no idea why I decided to have one last look at bluemoon. I apologise I've simply not had time to reply to all the messages I received. They were lovely and in typical bluemoon manner, funny, articulate, straightforward and most of all caring. One thing which stood out amongst all though was that I am not the only one in a bad way on here. People who were suffering to an equal measure messaged me to say so yet still offered me support. I was totally shocked at ho many of you are suffering. So, let's remember all, the next time there's an argument on a football forum about say...whether mahrez or foden should play....does it really matter? Lol.
Anyway, I'll post story in full idc, but until then, and I have no exaggeration in this whatsoever...bluemoon.....you saved my life. You beautiful, somewhat crazy bunch. I mean that. If this forum didn't exist then neither would I right now. Thats simply a real fact. Bluemoon saved a life. I still face struggles but it seems v v much like im the lucky one who goes back to his normal life within the next week.
I'll find a way of repaying you all. In the meantime, if anyone needs a chat just DM me. Thank you, thank you all. I promise my story and this crazy thread will make more sense once I give the full details but again.....you bluemoon, you saved a life. Be proud, be happy, and always be a blue.
As has been said, you owe nobody any explanation. You were in a place, you reached out, it did the trick, youre in a better place and ready for the fight.

Its great news and that alone is all the explanation we need
(Apart from the nosey fuckers ;) )

a lot of discussion around it and I was just watching this and asking myself why? But it seems youngsters thanks to social media are prone - middle aged men..... I have been in some scrapes and tight corners in life but never thought this was the solution.

BTW Samaritans number is 116 123 if anyone feels triggered

I just wanted to say well done to @bluethrunthru for bringing this topic up and creating this thread, it's already had a huge impact in a positive way.

To @mtinadids, thanks for the update and I'm glad you're in a better place than a few days ago. Hopefully things will keep on getting better for you blue.

Hi all.
Firstly, whilst it's far from certain at moment it's been a v positive evening and, as happens in life, things change dramatically. As of the time of this post there is a lot of hope. I may soon have my life back as I know it. At some point, as promised before, I'll explain the full story. For now I'll say....the post I made, looking back at it was scary. Not scary just as I was considering suicide, but scary because that decision had already been made. I was 100% certain suicide was happening. I had been looking up the nearest train track when I typed it. I've still no idea why I decided to have one last look at bluemoon. I apologise I've simply not had time to reply to all the messages I received. They were lovely and in typical bluemoon manner, funny, articulate, straightforward and most of all caring. One thing which stood out amongst all though was that I am not the only one in a bad way on here. People who were suffering to an equal measure messaged me to say so yet still offered me support. I was totally shocked at ho many of you are suffering. So, let's remember all, the next time there's an argument on a football forum about say...whether mahrez or foden should play....does it really matter? Lol.
Anyway, I'll post story in full idc, but until then, and I have no exaggeration in this whatsoever...bluemoon.....you saved my life. You beautiful, somewhat crazy bunch. I mean that. If this forum didn't exist then neither would I right now. Thats simply a real fact. Bluemoon saved a life. I still face struggles but it seems v v much like im the lucky one who goes back to his normal life within the next week.
I'll find a way of repaying you all. In the meantime, if anyone needs a chat just DM me. Thank you, thank you all. I promise my story and this crazy thread will make more sense once I give the full details but again.....you bluemoon, you saved a life. Be proud, be happy, and always be a blue.
Thanks for the update matey, as others have said you really don't need to give us the back story as to what's gone on, unless you feel it helps you, its nobody's business.
I think everyone is just glad you didn't go through with it, as I said previously there's loads of cunts in this world and you don't seem like one of them.

Only just noticed this thread, and reading through from start to finish has left me in tears. So, so happy that the OP appears to have passed through the darkness and come out the other side. And how did he do it?...mainly with the support and love of the amazing Bluemoon community, it would seem. My thanks go to all those Blues who stood up to be counted and to you, mtinadids, chin up my Blue friend, stay strong and always remember there are thousands of fellow Blues rooting for you.

Hi all.

Please please always reach out.

Last week my friend & neighbour took his life & the impact on his family has been horrendous.

Please DM if you need to talk, I’m in Australia so the Timezone means I could be up when others aren’t.

All I can say it’s not the answer but congratulations on the best decision & go forward.

Just found out that my tattoo artist killed his wife (also a tattoo artist) and himself last year.

They both seemed like such lovely people. :(

If anyone reading this is contemplating taking their own life I’d encourage you to reach out to Samaritans. I am a listening volunteer there and there’s always someone there 24/7 to listen to you and help you think things through.

Suicide is the biggest killer of men my age. If you are worried about people around you right now this 20 min training will give you some ideas of what you might be able to do

Hi all.

Good to see you doing well. This place has changed in the time I first posted about my depression about 2 decades ago. It used to be a place that stated "why are you posting that here?", so it's come a real long way.

I suffered with depression for 30+ years and the darkest came during the pandemic, for personal reasons.

I decided personal control of what I can control and letting go of what I can't saved me, not pills [for me, everyone is different].

What I will say about this place (besides the support) is that it's a good place to look back on things as you move forward, periodically, to see how far you've come.

You'll be amazed and proud of your achievements of living.

Well done on your decision to fight for what's, rightfully, yours.

I heard some terrible news at todays game. One of the lads on our row took his life last weekend.

He seemed to be such a happy, funny guy. I’m really shocked and sad.

His poor son coming to the games without Dad broke my heart.

Please speak up and seek help if you’re low. Suicide doesn’t stop the pain. You’re only moving it.

RIP Chris.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.