Summer Transfer Window

blue_sonic176 said:
Don't think we need to go out and buy everything in sight and spend £100 mill this summer. A good experienced CB to partner Vinny and a Defensive Mid to back up Ferna are critical. If we can find some great young prospects at LB and RB that would be a bonus

I think Dzeko is on the way out so we would need another striker .....

Mangala - Obviously need another centre back to partner VK - Strong, quick, big, good tackler, young

Fernando - Good backup for Fernandinho and would be brilliant in the holding role if/when we decide to play 433. Hopefully have an agreement to get him on the cheap.

Isco - Fantastic player, young, creative. Sometimes when Nasri/Silva get injured we look like we lack creativity, he would get plenty of games and has huge potential. Plus, I made the song.

Cancelo - With Micah's progress regressing and his perma-injury the club may feel we should cash in on him whilst we still can. Cancelo is a very young and technically gifted full back at Benfica. He wouldn't demand first team games and would be a useful squad player due to his attacking nature. Zabaleta is now also 29 iirc.

Shaw - Not too optimistic about our chances of getting him tbh but he would be a fantastic signing. Young, English, fantastic potential and would get plenty of games. I feel that Clichys best days are past him and we should have a look at selling him, I'm sure PSG or Monaco would be interested.

If Dzeko decides to leave this summer or the club decides to sell him then I would have hoped that Guidetti would be able to make the step up. So far it isn't looking good for John and I'd be pretty stumped as to who we could bring in. Maybe someone like Demba Ba.

My dream signing would be Toni Kroos or Paul Pogba but unfortunately I can't see either happening. If either become available then we should jump on it.

Just before someone tells me to stop playing FM or FIFA, I do not expect this to all happen this summer. These are the players that I feel would improve the squad as a whole. Would give us extra depth, youth (the squad is slightly ageing), and ability. I would also like to see Rekik and Lopes promoted to the first team if they are both ready and Pantilimon replaced with a home-grown keeper.

The defensive side of our squad is the area where our scouting system needs to be the most proactive and successful this coming summer transfer window. Incoming players have to be comfortable on the ball. I trust Txiki Begiristain to know the kind of player we need and to make the signing.

Pantilimon will probably leave so a replacement keeper, ideally home grown is needed. If the belief is that Hart's position is not secure then we are looking to spend big to get one of the world's best in, and possibly upset defensive stability. I would keep Hart as number 1. Key decision.

We need a top quality centre half to partner Kompany/be the leader when Kompany is not there (injured/suspended). City's recent record in the transfer window has been good in terms of quality of player signed. Left back still concerns me, I prefer Clichy as a defender to Kolarov but feel to be at the top, which is where we aim to be, we need better quality at left back.

Fernandinho answered a major need last summer. However he cannot be expected to play all the matches, remain fit and avoid suspensions. We need someone to help take the pressure off him. Garcia impressed v Chelsea and may be worth keeping if he continues that form. However I feel we have to go and get Fernando or someone like him.

YaYa is not getting any younger and again we need to be able to rest him when the need dictates. His tendency to kick out at players e.g. Norwich will make him a marked man by referees and he may not escape punishment in the future. Pogba appears to be the nearest 'like for like' replacement but surely with our scouting setup we would be able to uncover more than one option, though Pogba would be fantastic. Talk of Gundogan appears to have gone quiet.

Up front we may see Dzeko move on so he gets regular matches. Would Guidetti be our fourth striker, not next season for me based on few matches at Stoke, he needs to prove his fitness more than ability. I'd like to see Jackson Martinez from Porto come in but I don't see us getting more than two this summer from Porto and we may not get one.

We also need to remember our holistic approach and make space for the likes of Lopes and Huws.

Of course, if Messi becomes available we should do everything within our power to sign him.

Personally I would sell:

Garcia (8m)
Dzeko (18m)
Lescott (free)

And buy

Mangala (30m)
Isco (23m)
Pogba (25m)

Expenditure: £52m which we can easily swallow up and all the players are under 23

Jordan CTID said:
Mangala - Obviously need another centre back to partner VK - Strong, quick, big, good tackler, young

Fernando - Good backup for Fernandinho and would be brilliant in the holding role if/when we decide to play 433. Hopefully have an agreement to get him on the cheap.

Isco - Fantastic player, young, creative. Sometimes when Nasri/Silva get injured we look like we lack creativity, he would get plenty of games and has huge potential. Plus, I made the song.

Cancelo - With Micah's progress regressing and his perma-injury the club may feel we should cash in on him whilst we still can. Cancelo is a very young and technically gifted full back at Benfica. He wouldn't demand first team games and would be a useful squad player due to his attacking nature. Zabaleta is now also 29 iirc.

Shaw - Not too optimistic about our chances of getting him tbh but he would be a fantastic signing. Young, English, fantastic potential and would get plenty of games. I feel that Clichys best days are past him and we should have a look at selling him, I'm sure PSG or Monaco would be interested.

If Dzeko decides to leave this summer or the club decides to sell him then I would have hoped that Guidetti would be able to make the step up. So far it isn't looking good for John and I'd be pretty stumped as to who we could bring in. Maybe someone like Demba Ba.

My dream signing would be Toni Kroos or Paul Pogba but unfortunately I can't see either happening. If either become available then we should jump on it.

Just before someone tells me to stop playing FM or FIFA, I do not expect this to all happen this summer. These are the players that I feel would improve the squad as a whole. Would give us extra depth, youth (the squad is slightly ageing), and ability. I would also like to see Rekik and Lopes promoted to the first team if they are both ready and Pantilimon replaced with a home-grown keeper.

Mangala is pricey and we will have stiff competition to sign him in the summer. Isco would be awesome, but a CB, DM and LB are more critical. I think Fernando is a near lock to come in. Apparently Shaw has been a Chelsea fan all his life, so methinks he'll go there. Would love it if we can pry away Pogba!

After a top CB..My ideal signing would be Pogba...Couple of seasons tutelage under Yaya and he'll be some player considering he already is pretty good so would be able to step up any time.

In rather a good way DM and his sending off in Barca game must surely have highlighted to the powers that be that we need quality centre backs. Further more over the course of the season again they must have also seen what happens when our defensive midfield players are injured or suspended and that although Rodwell probably has the talent his injuries mean he is just not worth a place in the squad. As last year they seemed to identify the problems and in the main fixed them just hope they repeat the exercise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.