Summer Transfers

I know what you are saying mate but it makes sense on so many levels,
1) with silva, ferna, kun leaving we are lacking leaders and experience. This guy is a natural leader, like vinny, like Vidic, like vvd etc. Not many players that give off an aura.
2) we are desperate for pace and power in our defense. Bonucci, stones and nico dont give us that at all, even combined.
3) we moan about not giving youth a chance. We have 2 of the most promising cbs I've seen since paul Blake coming through in Garcia and thb. 1 of which is a die hard blue. Unfortunately they are 3/4 years off being 1st team regulars (garcia is a lot closer). So what's the point in a) buying a younger defender and blocking the path into the 1st team or b) taking a chance on an aging bonucci hoping he can keep his legs and reactions. He could end up being exactly like nico last year.
4) we have bought so many cbs Nastasic, mangala, savic, demichelis, nico, laporte, played rodri, ferna, walker, Sagna there. Apart from kompany and laporte have we ever been happy. Why not just buy the player that fits now for £70/£80m than buy 2 players for £40/£50m and still not be happy. Or buy bonucci and leak stupid avoidable goals until the 2 lads come through. By then Kdb, laporte, etc probably will leave coz we wont hit our peak until that defense is sorted.

Only my opinion and obviously yours is valid as well mate but when I look at it logically it makes so much more the perfect transfer.
Id get hernandez for left back and play cover left centre back if laportes out.
Koulibaly
Aouar
Then a couple of fast talented wide players job done.

Last edited:
Id get hernandez foe ledt back and play cover left centre back if laportes out.
Koulibaly
Aouar
Then a couple of fast talented wide players job done.
If we were somehow to land Koulibaly I wouldn't even bother getting Hernandez. Just use the money from Sane for Koulibaly. He could play on the left if Laporte is out. Both Mendy and Zinchenko would benefit from someone solid behind them. If we need a more defensive LB I'd stick Laporte out there like Pep has done on several occasions in the past. Then you could partner Koulibaly with someone else at CB. Either that or you go with a back 3.

If we were somehow to land Koulibaly I wouldn't even bother getting Hernandez. Just use the money from Sane for Koulibaly. He could play on the left if Laporte is out. Both Mendy and Zinchenko would benefit from someone solid behind them. If we need a more defensive LB I'd stick Laporte out there like Pep has done on several occasions in the past. Then you could partner Koulibaly with someone else at CB. Either that or you go with a back 3.
Back 3s a good shout

Yes, Dembele, has a big ? over him at the moment. I think clubs would prefer a loan with a view to an agreed fee if it works out, much like Barca did with Coutinho to Bayern.
We just never seem to have these deals fall into our lap like that. Completely agree it would be the best avenue to go down. I'm unsure whether Barca would be receptive to the idea mind.

We just never seem to have these deals fall into our lap like that. Completely agree it would be the best avenue to go down. I'm unsure whether Barca would be receptive to the idea mind.

I doubt it, they got burned a bit with Bayern not taking their option on Coutinho and Dembele is on ridiculous money too. Ligaments like crisp packets as well - had enough bloody ligament injuries!

Not much of a gamble and would be interesting. I do like Barca Dembele at the price flouted. I’m unsure if injury (so prone) and wages will be a big stumbling block however.

Interestingly i did read that the Samedo swap deal included us giving Barca £10 million phah not a chance but i would swap him for Dembele, he has been portrayed as a bad boy at Barca but that may have more to do with the £ 40 million they still owe Dortmund, he has had a lot of Hamstring injuries but most have been short term, but he is the only winger with the ability to match or even surpass Sane, and that 25 points had an awful lot to do with no Sane, as for Cancelo, Atal has similar ability just a lot more determined and cheaper

Interestingly i did read that the Samedo swap deal included us giving Barca £10 million phah not a chance but i would swap him for Dembele, he has been portrayed as a bad boy at Barca but that may have more to do with the £ 40 million they still owe Dortmund, he has had a lot of Hamstring injuries but most have been short term, but he is the only winger with the ability to match or even surpass Sane, and that 25 points had an awful lot to do with no Sane, as for Cancelo, Atal has similar ability just a lot more determined and cheaper
Completely agree a fit Dembele would be unreal. And I’d be frustrated if we swapped Cancelo for Semedo and again paid money out. What’s the point? Danilo was as good as Cancelo as he is as good Semedo IMO. Theyre all class in their position and I’m sure non could oust Walker from his position

As i said any other signing would be a drop in standards on Sane, but this time last year i was campaigning for a Sane back up, lots of people told me of all the players at the club who could do it, but none could to anything like the standard ( i can not take credit for this foresight as my choice was Lookman who still has not improved) but we are still in the same boat. Doku is my choice for left wing back up, he is very quick good ball control can use both feet and would become Club trained, he could be the next Hazard?, certainly of the pace merchants in Belgium he has the best control, this position could be Braaf`s but i see him as Marhez`s replacement

In what way exactly?
Marhez had a good season in what was our worst for a few seasons he cost us £60 million and is on high wages, but is still very much Sterling`s back up, if Sane would have been fit Marhez would not have got that much game time, and if we buy a good quality left winger he will not in the future, i do not believe Braaf is that far behind our back up right winger

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.