Sunday Supplement

Re: Sunday Supplement

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Custis didn't do his cause any favours today. Completely came across as a ranting fool. Nice to see Henry Winter has seen the light, he was a staunch opponent of everything we were doing for a long while.
Errr...no he wasn't.
Your right he wasnt and he has been on board for a while now
I still think he was a twat at mancini's first press conference though & yes i know he was apparently briefed wrong,it still came over as an attack on our club & owners..

jay_mcfc said:
Dear oh dear. I reckon before a show they have a dart board where all of the numbers are changed to subjects to beat City with. Custis obviously hit the 'they have no young English players coming through' topic. I mean, what a seriously stupid ****. Football has changed, the top clubs very rarely bring through their own players these days and not one gives a shit on what their nationality is. It's obvious we've had a lean spell recently with bringing kids through but you are going to get no credit for beating us with that stick when you consider the plans we have for the future. He's lost the plot here. You can tell we've gone to the top of the league anyway.

He actually sounded borderline xenophobic at times

George Hannah said:
There you go Pige, snuggle down with your nestlings over a bunch of millett and watch this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcRHcv4A-gQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Thanks for that, George.

Shaun Custis has obviously never heard of George Evans, Ash Smith-Brown, etc, etc.

What a wanker.

Thank goodness for Henry Winter and Martin Samuel.

That Curtis is a Xenophobic **** isn't he ? Lopes has been at City since he was 15. Why doesn't Curtis fuck off & join the BNP

First post so go easy please!

Watch Custis with disbelief. He at one point mentioned that Sheikh Mansour had been in control since 2008 and we hadn't seen any young English talent. What a moron, he must surely realise that it's not just about producing players for the English national team any more. We are regularCL entrants, have won league and cup, are playing possibly the best football of any British team in 25 years, are selling out week after week. The club is moving forward on a global scale at a pace which outstrips any other premiership club, which any owner would want. But he fails to see some important points. Whilst we are growing in popularity overseas, the soul of the club is still very much intact. The Abu Dhabi group have went to very great lengths to ensure that our heritage is protected. And unlike many takeovers from foreign ownership, they are doing their business with integrity, as befits the Sheikhs ethos.

The second point around player development, not forgetting Barton, Wright Phillips, Onouha, Sturridge, we have a club produced a number of English players in the recent past. Now maybe I'm getting this wrong, but which other clubs under foreign ownership have committed and built an academy that will be the Campus within 6 years of taking over, Not Abramovitch, not Kroenke, not any of the Liverpool owners! Does this idiot feel that an a campus built on the doorstep of the stadium two miles from the centre of Manchester is going to be exclusively for overseas players. Of course not. Let the thing get built, and judge us in a couple of years, but why not Mr Custis ask the Chelsea's, Arsenals, Liverpool's and Manure's who have been ahead of city on performance and have also littered their team with non English nationals AND not provided a development system worth the name.

The sad reality is that unless someone makes the first step, it is very likely that in 20 years not one living Englishman will have won a World Cup medal. For all their PR the golden generation of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Cole etc may be multi millionaires but have not one semi final never mind winners medal to show on the international stage. City have taken a huge stride, and Custis should be praising that, not panning it.

I'll make my second post a bit shorter!!.....

Couldn't agree more Maine Lemonade.

Custis bangs on about us like we should be the sole producers of talent for the national team. The club's best interest is to produce players regardless of their nationality to win the club trophies and I couldn't agree more.

When the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and so on have had years to put something remotely like what we are doing now in place to produce players but the fact is they haven't. The reason for that is that they like us are more interested in winning the Champions League.

Welcome, Maine Lemonade.

Very good first post.

Custis was either shit-stirring for the sake of it, or he's very ignorant of the facts and just doesn't wish to do any research.

It would only take a few minutes' looking through the OS at our Academy pages for him to find out the truth.

Or maybe it fits his raison d'être to remain ignorant.

Danny Sturridge, anyone?

Besides which, surely the problem with youth development in England is with kids under 16. If custis has visions of that age group being anything other than English qualified youngsters I'll have 2 pints of what he's drinking.

So where did 2 of England's world cup team get the last 4 years of their football education from?
Jo Hart (from Shrewsbury Town) with City 2006-Present Day [8 years] Made his first team debut at the end of his first season and has been loaned out and played in bursts ever since till he the became 1st choice keeper in 2010. That's FOUR years.
Daniel Sturridge (from Coventry City) with City 2003-2009 [6 years] started getting into the first team in 2008. That's FIVE years.

Complete dicks the lot of them...<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:29 pm --<br /><br />
goat boy said:
Danny Sturridge, anyone?

Besides which, surely the problem with youth development in England is with kids under 16. If custis has visions of that age group being anything other than English qualified youngsters I'll have 2 pints of what he's drinking.

They become millionaires at 18 and frankly for most of them that's it. They think they've made it but they haven't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.