Sunday Supplement

Re: Sunday Supplement

squirtyflower said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
squirtyflower said:
Barclay's a good reason for the Yes vote imo
Not sure he'll be moving back to Dundee in a hurry, whatever the outcome.
we should deport him as an independent Scotland wouldn't be a part of the EU initially
To persuade the Scots to take him we'd have to give up any claim on North Sea Oil, but it's a price worth paying.

e3utadyr.jpg

Hung said:
Barclay puts on the air of an Edinburgh sophisticate, but behind the posh Jock accent and the oh so relaxed ‘I’m the superior one’ delivery, much of what he trots out is contradictory bollocks.

He puts up City as an example of how FFP works in so far as we are trying to create a sustainable model, but in the next sentence, he thinks we need to be punished for being in breach - and thats where it ends, no review of the issue that for the sustainable model to work the team need to have a modicum of success in order to attract the best young talent to your state of the art facility, no suggestion that FFP protects the interests of the existing elite first and foremost, dismisses out of hand how FFP stops clubs like Spurs, Villa, Everton, Newcastle from ever competing at the very top in the future.

The man is a phoney.

Given that he is Dundonian, Edinburgh sophisticates would take umbrage with the mere suggestion that he were from the capital.

The best gem.

Fine City and spread that fine amongst the clubs that have complied with FFPR.

That's right Patrick, City(PSG, etc) are going to give the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc, our money.

You thick t***!

Petetheblu said:
mc3uyw.png

What's all this on his twitter page? Is it a joke? Just asking as I don't know the story, but the Arab word is used in what appears to be used in a bigotry way.

He means a Dundee Utd supporter. We (as in Dundee FC fans) call them Arabs as they used to play in all white in the 60's and their tannadice pitch was so bad it was constantly filled with sand....hence Arabs. Barclay supports the dark blues.

Never trust a team with Utd in their title ;)

JackFlash74 said:
Petetheblu said:
mc3uyw.png

What's all this on his twitter page? Is it a joke? Just asking as I don't know the story, but the Arab word is used in what appears to be used in a bigotry way.

He means a Dundee Utd supporter. We (as in Dundee FC fans) call them Arabs as they used to play in all white in the 60's and their tannadice pitch was so bad it was constantly filled with sand....hence Arabs. Barclay supports the dark blues.

Surely "tae an Arab" is grammatically incorrect?

Gabriel said:
Hung said:
Barclay puts on the air of an Edinburgh sophisticate, but behind the posh Jock accent and the oh so relaxed ‘I’m the superior one’ delivery, much of what he trots out is contradictory bollocks.

He puts up City as an example of how FFP works in so far as we are trying to create a sustainable model, but in the next sentence, he thinks we need to be punished for being in breach - and thats where it ends, no review of the issue that for the sustainable model to work the team need to have a modicum of success in order to attract the best young talent to your state of the art facility, no suggestion that FFP protects the interests of the existing elite first and foremost, dismisses out of hand how FFP stops clubs like Spurs, Villa, Everton, Newcastle from ever competing at the very top in the future.

The man is a phoney.

Given that he is Dundonian, Edinburgh sophisticates would take umbrage with the mere suggestion that he were from the capital.

…I said he ‘puts on’. I didn’t say he was.

JackFlash74 said:
Petetheblu said:
mc3uyw.png

There's me sitting next to an Arab. Dunno, sounds alright to me! We do talk funny up here mind you.

JackFlash74 said:
JackFlash74 said:

There's me sitting next to an Arab. Dunno, sounds alright to me! We do talk funny up here mind you.
I always thought "tae" was an an amalgamation of "to" and "a". My bad!

His best one was when talking about Portsmouth's Ricardo Fuller.

The entire table nodded in agreement about his qualities.

They were forced to make an apology after the break when it was pointed out Fuller had joined Stoke the season before.

A dick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.