Sunday's NOTW re Stadium expansion ...

Skashion said:
Marvin said:
If City are to have sustained success we need a significantly bigger stadium as until broadcasting rights are owned by clubs this is the only significant way a club can offset players wages. You'd assume the owners would accept "start-up" costs, but at some point the "project" has to become sustainable, and a huge stadium is the only way I can see that happening.
Only in the rags case does a club's gate and match day revenue exceed a 1/3 of their turnover, including Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham, so that's not really true.

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:46 pm --

cleavers said:
Fair enough, you can see how your reply read though.
Yes, it was my fault. I should have made it clearer and I should know better because it's hardly the first time. Probably about the tenth time now...
What forms of revenue does a football club have?

What are the alternatives then?

1) Player sales

City's transfer business is likely to fall massively, but I'd still expect this to be in debit

2) TV monies

3) Gate money

4) Merchandising

5) Sponsorship

Of those elements in our control, the only feasible way to significantly increase turnover is to increase gate receipts. New sponsorship deals can be signed, but there's a limit once the shirt deal is signed

Prestwich_Blue said:
I've been saying for a while (and keep getting shot down) that we are seriously looking at the feasibility of a new stadium on the old Clayton Aniline site. The fact is we can only increase the size of CoMS to 60,00 tops but the disruption involved in that would mean significant closures for 2 seasons.

The reason for this is tied up with the future economic model of the club. We don't have enough corporate facilities and are looking to have around 10-12,000. These are what bring in the big money and the rags pull in nearly £3.5m every Premiership home game because of their corporate offering. Less than 10,000 people bring in 2/3rds (over £2m) of that.

so the idea would be to keep the CoMS going whilst over the way the new stadium could be built without the distraction!

makes sense to me anyway.

leewill31 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I've been saying for a while (and keep getting shot down) that we are seriously looking at the feasibility of a new stadium on the old Clayton Aniline site. The fact is we can only increase the size of CoMS to 60,00 tops but the disruption involved in that would mean significant closures for 2 seasons.

The reason for this is tied up with the future economic model of the club. We don't have enough corporate facilities and are looking to have around 10-12,000. These are what bring in the big money and the rags pull in nearly £3.5m every Premiership home game because of their corporate offering. Less than 10,000 people bring in 2/3rds (over £2m) of that.

so the idea would be to keep the CoMS going whilst over the way the new stadium could be built without the distraction!

makes sense to me anyway.

And if the Sheik builds the stadium using another of his companies, then 'loans' it to us when it's done, we can prevent the stadium build costs being included in UEFA's financial constraints over the next couple of seasons. Genius! Sheiky Sheiky sign me up!

Pride_In_Battle said:
And if the Sheik builds the stadium using another of his companies, then 'loans' it to us when it's done, we can prevent the stadium build costs being included in UEFA's financial constraints over the next couple of seasons. Genius! Sheiky Sheiky sign me up!
Stadium building costs don't count as they are capital not revenue. Nor does interest paid on any debt incurred as a result of building costs count as spending.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
Stadium building costs don't count as they are capital not revenue. Nor does interest paid on any debt incurred as a result of building costs count as spending.
Bugger, thought I'd found myself a new job as Sheik Mansour's head of ingenious ideas division. Way to ruin my life Prestwich_Blue ;)

Marvin said:
What forms of revenue does a football club have?

What are the alternatives then?

1) Player sales

City's transfer business is likely to fall massively, but I'd still expect this to be in debit

2) TV monies

3) Gate money

4) Merchandising

5) Sponsorship

Of those elements in our control, the only feasible way to significantly increase turnover is to increase gate receipts. New sponsorship deals can be signed, but there's a limit once the shirt deal is signed

6) Increased earnings from activities in and around the stadium. As supporters, we get caught up in our (the football club's) importance in all this, but in reality the stadium and team will merely be the centre of something much bigger - and earning much more.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
so the thing to do is pay the players a huge 'consultancy' fee for their help in building the new stadium

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
so the thing to do is pay the players a huge 'consultancy' fee for their help in building the new stadium

Why pay them a consultancy fee? Pay them to build the fucker, save on getting an external company in to do it!

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

They could do some building work in the close season, cash in hand.

Heard off a blue that drives a cab that they are planning on building a 3rd tier on each end, ala Emirates. He picked up a couple of architects apparently, he aint one to bullshit but could have been bullshitted by the 'architects'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.