Sunderland away pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
..............Hart
Zag....Sagna......Ota....Clichy
.....Delph.......Fernandinho
........Yaya.....Silva
.......Kun.......Nacho

It would be absolutely typical city to draw/lose this one. Not getting my hopes up at all. However with matches running out we really can't afford to drop anymore cheap points.

Kelichi's performance has given Pellegrini a real selection headache. He can't really drop him after those 3 goals. However it would mean him having to change the whole formation as Aguero will have to play also.

Yes he can. He can continue to manage his development as effectively as he has done so far. He can not get carried away after a very good performance against abysmal opposition.

Would like Sagna at centre half again but Pellers could easy go with MDM. Delph could play instead of one of the 3 behind Aguero, as could Iheanacho.

We arguably have 5 tougher games after it and i'd usually say that gives us a chance to rest players but it doesn't because it's a tricky ground and we need the 3 points.

Pellegrini isn't going to write off MDM on the basis of a very comfortable performance by Sagna against completely toothless opposition. Not whilst Kompany and Mangala are still unavailable. And we've seen that MDM needs reasonably regular football to be at his best. He will definitely play against Sunderland or Leicester, probably both.

Same team but bring in Silva for Fernando.
I'd rest kun and bring him on for last 20.
Would be a big confidence boost to kelechi for him to start of aguero

I'd like to see Sagna at centre-back again. Don't know why we've taken so long to try that. I'd like to see Kelechi start up front with Aguero

Pellegrini isn't going to write off MDM on the basis of a very comfortable performance by Sagna against completely toothless opposition. Not whilst Kompany and Mangala are still unavailable. And we've seen that MDM needs reasonably regular football to be at his best. He will definitely play against Sunderland or Leicester, probably both.
I can see Demichelis against Sunderland with Sagna back in for Leicester's visit on Saturday. Vardy isolating Demichelis would be a concern.

Hart

Zabaleta - Otamendi - Sagna - Clichy

Yaya Toure - Fernandinho

Navas - Silva - Sterling

Aguero

Caballero
Maffeo
Angelino
Demichelis
Fernando
Barker
Iheanacho

Hopefully Kelechi gets more than 10 minutes.

If results go our way on Tue we could be:

1st in PL
Final of COC
5th round of FA Cup
Last 16 of CL

We are coming along nicely despite being pretty average for most of the season.

Interesting - you think we are going to recall Maffeo from his loan spell at Pep's brothers club?

Nice Kelechi is performing well. Now we can play Kun for the games that really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.