Sunderland away pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely got some much needed rest for a lot of the team on Saturday, and with Leicester looming I'm hoping we can score a few early and make the necessary substitutions. I'd go:

Hart, Zabaleta, Sagna, Otamendi, Clichy, Delph, Fernandinho, Navas, Sterling, Aguero, Iheanacho

Could bring Merlin and possibly Toure on if needed but I think with this team we'd then see an Otamendi-Demi partnership for Leicester, a 3 man midfield and Merlin + Sterling or Navas along with Kun.

0-3 City win.

We definitely got some much needed rest for a lot of the team on Saturday, and with Leicester looming I'm hoping we can score a few early and make the necessary substitutions. I'd go:

Hart, Zabaleta, Sagna, Otamendi, Clichy, Delph, Fernandinho, Navas, Sterling, Aguero, Iheanacho

Could bring Merlin and possibly Toure on if needed but I think with this team we'd then see an Otamendi-Demi partnership for Leicester, a 3 man midfield and Merlin + Sterling or Navas along with Kun.

0-3 City win.
Steady on cowboy, four attacking players who don't ofer much defensively.
Bit light in defensive midfield that formation.
Fernando for Sterling or Navas.

Steady on cowboy, four attacking players who don't ofer much defensively.
Bit light in defensive midfield that formation.
Fernando for Sterling or Navas.

Not opposed with that change but we have to rotate and albeit a bogey ground for us, this may be our easiest opposition left on the schedule bar Villa.

Navas, Kelechi and Sagna (CB) earned their place after this weekend. Aguero could rest again or try a partnership with Kelechi both options is win win. Silva, Dino, Delph to start also, Yaya as impact.
This would be far to much for Sunderland, 0-3 City.

Hart

Sagna Otamendi MDM Clichy

Fernando Dinho Delph

Silva

Ian Nacho Sergio

Yaya for Silva after 60mins

Tue 22nd Sept 2015, League Cup:
Sunderland 1 City 4
Do it again.

Again I am curious about our wings. Navas and Sterling did have full 90 mins at Villa.
Leicester coming up on Saturday...
But hey, in Pellers I trust.

Assuming he hasn't picked up an injury, I doubt that Yaya would have been left out of the squad on Saturday unless it was to ensure that he is fit and fresh for the Sunderland and Leicester games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.