Sunderland away pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling seems to be on the bench so that we have options from there. I've noticed it tends to be the case when we're lacking strikers that he starts on the bench.

I'm fine with 4-4-2 away as Nacho deserves a place but 4-4-2 needs wingers and willing workers in the middle. Sterling and Fernando should of been in for Silva and Yaya imo. Sunderland are very poor though so we should still have more than enough here. Think we'll be relying on outscoring them as i don't see a clean sheet.

Pellegrini's 100th game and it will be very ideal for the players to put on a show for him and get the three points. They should all the fired up and should tap into the positivism and joy around the club after yesterday's monumental news. I like the fact that Iheanacho is playing upfront with Aguero; I believe Aguero will welcome this change even as much as Iheanacho will. Sterling will feel a bit unlucky not to be in the starting line up but Navas can still do the job obviously and the theme of rotation continues to keep the players fresh. Zabaleta is a player that should start as he offers more dimension going forward in terms of working in tandem with Navas, his runs in behind, infield and into the box and his general link up play with the rest of the players. Sagna, who has been a stalwart in the squad this season should have been given another opportunity in that center back position.

The midfield is strong and solid and should be able to dictate play , still curious that Delph is not in the match day squad, hope not another injury. This is a game that will attract a lot of attention because of yesterday and the players are more than capable of putting on a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.