Sunderland fans better than City fans?

Both sets of fans were a credit to football yesterday.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:58 pm --<br /><br />Both sets of fans were a credit to football yesterday.

thefullwellstep said:
droylsdenblue said:
See how many travel for the potential semi final v Charlton!
Same for us too!

-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:39 pm --

Ducado said:
To be fair it's the same shite that I hear all the time

"Our fans were magnificent"

"We were loud and proud"

"I am so proud of our team"

It's small time bingo, you can add 100 other hackneyed clichés it's a way of getting over the pain of losing a game against a top team

The truth about yesterday is that City fans were just as loud as the Sunderland fans, and we celebrated just as much if not more when we scored

A Sunderland fan on Twitter saying the noise was deafening when our second goal went in.

Its hard to tell (I think anyway) how good or loud your own fans are when in amongst it, but I echo the above when both of your goals went in I had never heard noise like it from opposing fans, very impressive. I was proud to be a Sunderland fan on the day (and always am despite us being shit!) and pleased we showed our support to our lads when you went 3-1 up and were defeated. Both sets were great imo, and were great with each other. Gus's comments I interpret as a bit of an internal rally call cos we have a big few months coming up and need the fans on top form to help survival. he's not having a dig at your fans.
Now do as you always have and keep that support and win the league, genuine want you to, as do most of our fans, as 10 years ago you were in our boat and like to see you win ahead of any of the other big boys.
Good lad!

Big groups of City and Sunderland were singing "Niall Quinn's disco pants" with each other walking away from the ground and as we were walking out and down from the stadium a group of Mackems were applauding us from above us where the bit where Bobby Moore's statue is. One shouted "hope you win the league" to which my mate said "hope you get relegated"(in jest!) and the Macken said "well fuck you then, go on Chelsea"(in jest!)...all seemed very jovial between both sets of fans before and after the game.

Can't be said about the massive fight with Chelsea last season after the game, nor any occasion with the Rags. (Stoke were fine, barely saw any Wigan fans all day when per played them).

de niro said:
brilliant fans, all 16, 000 of them at the last game at SOL.
fair point, but do remember we have had it shit for a long long long long time. And not the richest fans in the world.

thefullwellstep said:
droylsdenblue said:
Same for us too!

Ducado said:
To be fair it's the same shite that I hear all the time

"Our fans were magnificent"

"We were loud and proud"

"I am so proud of our team"

It's small time bingo, you can add 100 other hackneyed clichés it's a way of getting over the pain of losing a game against a top team

The truth about yesterday is that City fans were just as loud as the Sunderland fans, and we celebrated just as much if not more when we scored

A Sunderland fan on Twitter saying the noise was deafening when our second goal went in.

Its hard to tell (I think anyway) how good or loud your own fans are when in amongst it, but I echo the above when both of your goals went in I had never heard noise like it from opposing fans, very impressive. I was proud to be a Sunderland fan on the day (and always am despite us being shit!) and pleased we showed our support to our lads when you went 3-1 up and were defeated. Both sets were great imo, and were great with each other. Gus's comments I interpret as a bit of an internal rally call cos we have a big few months coming up and need the fans on top form to help survival. he's not having a dig at your fans.
Now do as you always have and keep that support and win the league, genuine want you to, as do most of our fans, as 10 years ago you were in our boat and like to see you win ahead of any of the other big boys.
It was loud when you scored. I think the whole ground was a bit stunned by that. Quality goal.

Loudest noise I've heard at an away ground was when you beat us 3-1 at SOL in the opening league game at your ground. I think SKP scored that day when he was unknown.

What are the odds that we will meet again this season at Wembley? Football is always throwing these funny little quirks up. You've got the tougher draw on paper, but I'm sure your players will be really fired up for it. City have got Barca away in mid-week and I hope everyone is back focused on the FA Cup game come Sunday. Wigan aren't going to want to give their trophy up without a fight and they are on a good run now

Good Luck for the rest of the season.

If you read some of the contributions on the Sunderland boards, some of them (and I stress only some) seem fixated with the 'We were louder than them/there were more of us than them/we celebrated harder than them' bollocks. It really is like listening to a bunch of 12 year olds, which of course the posters may be.

I suppose it would have been the same on here a few years ago had we lost a rare final to a bigger and more successful club.

The point is this; Who gives a fuck? We won, they lost end of argument.

In the meantime, good luck to Sunderland and particularly their supporters. Maybe their new title as the Worlds most passionate/noisy/loyal fans on the planet will save their Premiership lives and if not, I'm sure they will roar them back from the Championship (eventually).

KippaxCitizen said:
thefullwellstep said:
droylsdenblue said:
Same for us too!

Good lad!

Big groups of City and Sunderland were singing "Niall Quinn's disco pants" with each other walking away from the ground and as we were walking out and down from the stadium a group of Mackems were applauding us from above us where the bit where Bobby Moore's statue is. One shouted "hope you win the league" to which my mate said "hope you get relegated"(in jest!) and the Macken said "well fuck you then, go on Chelsea"(in jest!)...all seemed very jovial between both sets of fans before and after the game.

Can't be said about the massive fight with Chelsea last season after the game, nor any occasion with the Rags. (Stoke were fine, barely saw any Wigan fans all day when per played them).

Bring back good memories. Remember singing Niall Quinn's disco pants with a bunch of Mackems outside a kebab shop in Southend after the Goats last ever game. Don't know what the Mackems were doing there but it was a good laugh all the same!!

He's obv gna say that but from where I was sat I'd defo say we were a lot louder and when we scored we never looked back they were silent

To be fair for most clubs, the loyalty of your own fans is all you have to shout about. And it does matter a lot. Pride in your own is what kept City fans going for a long time.

For years it was the only thing we had over Utd. My best memories of City in the 90s were of City fans sticking by their team despite getting relegated to the old Div 3. I remember a time when we were in the Premiership but struggling, and lots of fans used to say that they longed for the days of Dickov and Goater because the team played great football, it was a real team, and the support was as good as it gets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.