sunderland fans

the kippax wall said:
Fucking hell, in a stadium where you can hear a pin drop for the majority of time I think it's a bit rich to be having a pop at Sunderland fans.
With the exception of a couple of blocks either side of the away fans our support is absolutely shit.
i've had enough of this
what do you mean only the blocks either side of the away fans are the only ones who are not shit

i sit in CB1 with my daughter and used to sit in a similar position at Maine Road
i've been supporting City since 1964 so you can fuck off with everyone's shit nonsense apart form a few kids in the South Stand

admittedly i rarely sing at home games, i go to watch the football, which yesterday was incredibly enjoyable, i do my singing at away games, which i rarely miss

i went sunderland when elano and vassell scored in 2-1 win, probably 1400 there, i remember going mental cause city took 7k to blackburn in cup under pearce cause it was £10 in, i went every year to ewood but couldnt get ticket for this, i went boro week after again only 1400-1500, mpenza and distin 2-0.

yes weve been great fans over the year, but we have no right to knock toon,s'land, villa etc

Balti said:
paulchapo said:
BringBackSwales said:
utter bollocks - the more we got relegated the more our crowds went up, no basis in fact for your comment at all

Spot on!I remember the club meeting with the supporters clubs and begging the fans not to desert them and everyone to pull in the same direction and we did.I think we averaged 28 thousand and don't forget Maine Road only held 32 thousand at the time before the Gene Kelly stand was built and brought it up to 35 thousand.

our crowds in the old third division speak for themselves

to be fair the mackems have great support too especially considering they have had a longer wait than even we had for silverware

respect where its due

and the've got a team full of rag cast off's

Sunderland are a good set of proper fans in general. 1800 for an early kick off is respectable. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. Paying £50+ for a ticket, going to play a team who have an unbelievable home record, having to make a 4 hour+ coach journey at silly o'clock in the morning just to make it for kick off. Their support on the day was unusually quiet for them but they went a goal down within 5 minutes and looked like taking a hammering from the off. Plenty of times that's happened to City away and our support has gone quiet.

Lets not criticise a team who on the whole have a very good set of true football fans and are not to dissimilar to what we were like a few years ago before the success.

Sunderland are a well supported team, they always take a decent away following & get high home gates too. They are a proper club & by & large I think their fans are a decent bunch.

It seems like every time we play a team at ours now we have a thread on here slating the away fans.

ninjamonkey said:
Sunderland are a good set of proper fans in general. 1800 for an early kick off is respectable. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. Paying £50+ for a ticket, going to play a team who have an unbelievable home record, having to make a 4 hour+ coach journey at silly o'clock in the morning just to make it for kick off. Their support on the day was unusually quiet for them but they went a goal down within 5 minutes and looked like taking a hammering from the off. Plenty of times that's happened to City away and our support has gone quiet.

Lets not criticise a team who on the whole have a very good set of true football fans and are not to dissimilar to what we were like a few years ago before the success.
It wasn't 1,800. The bottom tier holds 1,700 and it wasn't full.

I agree with fathelen's point about our own following a few years ago and ticket prices

Factually Sunderland's following was lower than usual and very quiet. But that's a commentary on the way the Premiership is going where only a few clubs have any real chance, and it's also a comment on how negative Sunderland are. They won their first game in 12 last week and that was because the opponents had a man sent off. But they were also unbeaten. They are a one-dimensional team. Out and out defence with the hope that Sessegno works some magic and Fletcher can poach a goal from the few chances they get.

ninjamonkey said:

its a 2 hour drive it took us 2 1/2hrs in a minibus with a 60 mph limiter on.

they are more fickle than the geordies have you seen the attendances at their home games

grim up north said:
ninjamonkey said:

its a 2 hour drive it took us 2 1/2hrs in a minibus with a 60 mph limiter on.

they are more fickle than the geordies have you seen the attendances at their home games
Averaging 40k having won nothing since 1973.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.