sunderland fans

getting away from subject but why did the North Stand start applauding around the 19th min mark?It was nothing to do with players warming and up in CB3 nobody had a clue.

bluemoon risin' said:
Mackems are decent fans and always support their club. They were unusually quiet though yesterday, but as someone pointed out, 1-0 down after 5 mins quietened them down. Times are hard in the North East at the best of times and the area has high unemployment, so i can't fault any of them if they can't afford to attend away games, the ones that did, fair play.
An early goal was what we needed midweek,so so close aswell.

taffy the blue said:
getting away from subject but why did the North Stand start applauding around the 19th min mark?It was nothing to do with players warming and up in CB3 nobody had a clue.

I sit in 131 and as far as I was aware they were singing "stand up for the champions" which died out just before it hit my block.

fathellensbellend said:
why on earth are we are slagging off sunderland for "only" bringing 1800 for a saturday dinner game live on tv priced at 40 quid.

those who say we always sold out at sunderland clearly have never been anywhere near sunderland, we have sold out the last 2 years (last year a cut allocation due to sunderland council), but there have been occasions where we have numbered the same as what sunderland fetched yesterday.

this tat for tat bickering is bollox, i wish fans had unity to fight for a better deal for away fans (see germany), instead clubs price out away fans then numbskulls slate them for it.

how many away games did city fail to sell out pre-success, absolutely loads, and much of it to do with cost.

if priced correctly sunderland would bring thousands to city, they always had a big following at maine road, and surely it's a sad day for english football when top clubs like sunderland and newcaslte are scared to take a meagre 2800 tickets in case they cannot sell them, but hey lets use it as a stick to beat them, and then in the next breath moan about having to pay 62 quid to go to arsenal, or 49 quid to go to west ham.

english football fans are pretty thick.
Up until two years ago we still had numerous away games that weren't sold out. Even now we don't get offered full allocations at Spurs and Fulham (we get offered quite pitiful amounts of tickets at these two grounds because we probably would sell out the full allocation), Chelsea and Sunderland themselves.

The noise we make at times, home and even away sometimes, can be none existent too.

We are not a set of fans who can start giving it out to other sets of fans. We aren't that good or big in numbers ourselves.

BlueDan91 said:
taffy the blue said:

I sit in 131 and as far as I was aware they were singing "stand up for the champions" which died out just before it hit my block.

No it was after that

Also thought the bit when city started singing "you've had your day out now f_+k off home" was funny.....easily please mind

Said to my brother yesterday that the reduced allocation for Sunderland fans was a sign of the times we live in.

I dont go to away games, not because I cant be arsed but because I cant afford it. Football costs too much and because of this it is reducing the atmosphere at matches. I wondered yesterday that if teams like Sunderland stop bringing a full allocation we could end up with grounds with only home fans in future. This is not the way I want football to go.

Skashion said:
fathellensbellend said:
strange that because i found myself totally agreeing with your post on the adam johnson comments.
That may well be but I bet you hated doing it. ;-)

not really it's only a forum, be dull if everyone agreed on everything, what you said was correct in my opinion, fair play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.