Sunderland In League One. / Netflix documentary (P9)

What an absolute twat Rodwell was, disgusting the way he treated the club, when it was obviously in so much trouble.

I know it wasn't his fault the club didn't have a relegation clause in his contract, but even so, as a (probable) multi-millionaire already, he should have swallowed his pride and done the right thing.

There is no way you would give up hundreds of thousands of pounds to do "the right thing".

Always make me laugh when football fans say this. If City offered me a £70k a week contract and then struggled for money, i would not give up a penny.

What an absolute twat Rodwell was, disgusting the way he treated the club, when it was obviously in so much trouble.

I know it wasn't his fault the club didn't have a relegation clause in his contract, but even so, as a (probable) multi-millionaire already, he should have swallowed his pride and done the right thing.
He did the right thing for himself and his family They gave him the contract, just because it’s the football industry and not another one with less profile doesn’t make it any different. I also think the way the documentary showed the situation was very one sided. Anyhow did he not do the “right thing” at the end of the season and terminate his contract.

I was told today that it was around 3 000.

Did you think it was a goal?

Because the only one in the stadium who didn’t was the linesman who failed to give it.

Yes, I think they've gave it out as nearer 2.5 k away fans, which is a cracking turnout...

And yes....it was a goal, ....although admittedly, I was highly delighted it wasn't given

Nope.

The fans are class in this...reminds me of us 20 years ago! Makes me want us to be shit again!

Fans are class but I just love ‘big’ clubs with big fan bases suffering- each passing year watching Leeds stay in the Championship gives me a nice fuzzy glow feeling. Also love Newcastle to get relegated and of course Liverpool to slip up and not win anything

Fans are class but I just love ‘big’ clubs with big fan bases suffering- each passing year watching Leeds stay in the Championship gives me a nice fuzzy glow feeling. Also love Newcastle to get relegated and of course Liverpool to slip up and not win anything
As a Hammer you might not have the liking that many City fans have for Sunderland fans. I intend to watch it but I’ll be reflecting on our own bad years, I’ll enjoy their passion but certainly not their pain.

Enjoyed it, but think the Rodwell contract situation was not fairly depicted at all and was entirely shown from the POV of Sunderland and the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.