Sunderland in the Championship 2017/2018

Can honestly see another drop. Sad as one of my favourite clubs.

No chance Wagner will drop straight back into the Championship after taking Huddersfield up. They do need someone different though. I hope they don't go for someone like Coyle, or Pardew, or another one of those merry go round managers. Maybe a punt on the Cowley brothers from Lincoln could be what they need.

Cowley brothers is a good shout. Sunderland have been dull for years, need someone to inject some life into them.

Great fans but they will only get about 30000 next season - the stadium is starting to look tired and the 16,000 empty pink seats won't help the mood. There always seems to be ten plastic bags on the pitch at any one time during a game.

Adds to their character.

Serious question SM (not WUMming you). Would you have BFS back? I know he's not exactly Mr Popular with everybody (particularly on here!), and I know he said he had no intention of looking for another job when he left Palace. But he'd have the experience you need to at least hold your own next season. You need a season of consolidation while you get the ownership issue sorted out.

I'd happily have him back...he is a tit yes....but a perfect fit for us

Sadly Middlesbrough @ 1/2 to finish above Sunderland looks as close to free money as you can get.

Agreed sadly

Wasn't it a similar situation the last time you were down there? Then came the Quinn/Keane dream team.......

It was similar....Quinn got a Drumaville consortium to bank roll us...just as well given the money Keane wasted

Great fans but they will only get about 30000 next season - the stadium is starting to look tired and the 16,000 empty pink seats won't help the mood. There always seems to be ten plastic bags on the pitch at any one time during a game.

Adds to their character.
I'm sure I remember Paul Merson stating last season that the difference between Sunderland and City fans is that no matter what Sunderland fans will still fill there stadium and City who are fighting for the league can't fill there's. And you know what the prick didn't even look pissed up

To be fair, keane did a good job when he took over at Sunderland. Took them from bottom of the championship to promotion.

Will always have a soft spot for Sunderland following their reaction at to 93:20 in 2012.

One of my most abiding memories is a visit to Roker Park back in the late 60's with 4 mates.

Got there early and managed to park in the car park next to the Black Cat Club which we were allowed into and had a great pre-match with the friendly Mackems.

After the game which we won we made our way back to the car and found that the home fans had turned ugly and they started chasing us.

Four of us managed to dodge them by hiding behind parked vehicles but one of our crew was chased all round the ground until he was rescued by the local constabulary.

We ended up in a local police station giving statements and the culprits were bailed to appear in court at a later date, at which time my friend had to go all the way back up there to testify.

Oh! Happy days.

I'm sure I remember Paul Merson stating last season that the difference between Sunderland and City fans is that no matter what Sunderland fans will still fill there stadium and City who are fighting for the league can't fill there's. And you know what the prick didn't even look pissed up

Merse is a dick but you can't slag Sunderland off for support. Very good fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.