Sunderland post match thread

I loved it.

Football with a purpose, and once the top end delivers with a final product, there will be total dominance of games.

Kudos to the lads at the back because we already look very comfortable playing it under pressure.

Stones is a Rolls Royce

Totally agree Tolmie...Stones on a debut looked totally assured, a world class CB in the making under Pep.

Played some great possession football at times. The players on the pitch look like they've bought into what Pep wants. KDB and Sergio not at their best today. It will take time but once Vinny, Gundogan, Sane are in and the players click we will be fuckin awesome

Seems we'll never get rid of that mentality in a sizeable section of our fans even with the best manager around in place. It makes you wonder just what it would take for them to stay until the end. And yes I know; it's entirely up to them when they leave.

I can maybe see why people do it if winning 3-0 or losing 3-0 but It started at 1-1 and then when we score a winner it emptied. The game is still in the balance at that point surely?

You can see what we're heading towards. Thought Stones Sterling and Dinho were excellent. Two full backs close behind although I've seen a few saying they thought Sagna struggled. Tempo wasn't there for 90 minutes but it'll come.

Be interesting to see as the week's progress which positions which players nail down. Plus can't wait to see Gundo/Sane in the mix.

Good to see a new city side and we don't have everyone on board yet.
I'd love to see the following line up very shortly:
Hart/Caballero
Sagna Stones Kompany Delph/Clichy
Gundogan Fernandinho
Sterling De Bruyne/Silva Sane
Aguero

Wow just in from the match and all the negativity.
Thought it was fascinating, the interchanging of players and the increased work rate. On another day we would have had a couple more but to be fair Sunderland defended well.
Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, but the building work is a lot more advanced than I thought oit would be.
Pep's influence and interaction throughout the match is part of what we've been missing.

Wow just in from the match and all the negativity.
Thought it was fascinating, the interchanging of players and the increased work rate. On another day we would have had a couple more but to be fair Sunderland defended well.
Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, but the building work is a lot more advanced than I thought oit would be.
Pep's influence and interaction throughout the match is part of what we've been missing.

TBH most posters are being very positive,there are one or two rags in this thread trying to rock the boat,,your bang on about sunderland moyes has sorted there two banks of four out and they were pretty good today, i'm quite impressed with today at least you can see what pep is looking for

I loved it.

Football with a purpose, and once the top end delivers with a final product, there will be total dominance of games.

Kudos to the lads at the back because we already look very comfortable playing it under pressure.

Stones is a Rolls Royce

Yep... I know it was only Sunderland but the space we had in the middle of the park was frightening :)

Just got back from the match, found it fascinating and frustrating in equal measure but that was expected. I still don't think he has his preferred personnel out there, we still have Gundogan to come into the lineup.

Sterling looks infinitely better, being ask to hug the touchline and go at his man, my MOTM today. Stones offers so much on the ball, looks right at home in possession and surprising Kolarov done well today, although I wouldn't be comfortable with him there in the long run.

Overall, could have been worse, could have been better but getting those 3 points is all that matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.