Sunderland Thread - 2021/22

Good result for Sunderland, how did Max Power & Charlie Wyke get on, did they get a good reception too? :)

Good result for Sunderland, how did Max Power & Charlie Wyke get on, did they get a good reception too? :)

Power wasn’t getting much stick at all. The club let him go so no bad will there.

However when they scored he started goading our fans in the north stand so people turned on him. Charlie Wyke was given grief all game.

How do you think you'll get on this year, bookies have you as favourites do the fans feel the same?

I think you'll be top 2 tbh

How do you think you'll get on this year, bookies have you as favourites do the fans feel the same?

We think we could be if we get the end of the transfer window right.

Currently no senior full backs on the books, we had a young midfielder who barely has any senior football in his own position at left back and another midfielder who was played most of his football in league two at right back.

Dan Neil in particular (the stand in left back) struggled massively.

Basically we need to; I) get last season’s first choice left back to agree a new deal and sign another left back, II) sign one right back, because we at least have reasonable cover in that position, III) sign a striker because Will Grigg has largely been terrible since he joined us, and he’s currently second off the rank.

As an absolute minimum in my opinion.

Before the game kicked off on Saturday I was a little aprehensive, purely for the fact we seem to be playing the waiting game on transfers. Lee Johnson has a new scouting team in place now and it looks like we are waiting for moves further up the chain which will then hopefully allow us to sign the best of the rest.

We currently have no full backs, but linked to signing a kid from Spurs permanently who Spurs fans can't believe they are letting go, Kid called Dennis Cirkin (I know nowt about him but had rave reviews after having Ansu Fat in his back pocket when they played Barcelona)

We've taken a completely different approach this window and seem to be trying to get players to suit a high-pressing system, we normally just sign any shite thats available. We also had three academy graduates in the first team on Saturday which was good to see.

I think it's a big ask to get promoted with such a youthful side (Doyle included) but it might be just what the clubs needed with a new fresh approach.

PS Can we have Doyle permanently?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.