Sunderland V Man City Barclays Premierleague Cup thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelly's Left Foot said:
black mamba said:
Will we be turning out in flippers an' snorkels ?

Somebody reckoned the best way to get from goalmouth to goalmouth was by canoe !

I must have seen a different game or is it just that you write for a newspaper with your crazy exaggerations.

There was no surface water on the pitch when City played the China team.The pitch cut up quite a bit is all there was to moan about.

All I want to see is a performance with more life than the last one to show the fitness is getting better and the Pellegrini style is coming through.

I think the reference, which I've replied to as well, regarding the pitch is how it is now, not on Wednesday. By all accounts it can be described at the very least as, a bit wet.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
black mamba said:
Will we be turning out in flippers an' snorkels ?

Somebody reckoned the best way to get from goalmouth to goalmouth was by canoe !

I must have seen a different game or is it just that you write for a newspaper with your crazy exaggerations.

There was no surface water on the pitch when City played the China team.The pitch cut up quite a bit is all there was to moan about.

All I want to see is a performance with more life than the last one to show the fitness is getting better and the Pellegrini style is coming through.

I think the reference, which I've replied to as well, regarding the pitch is how it is now, not on Wednesday. By all accounts it can be described at least as a bit wet.

It was wet when they played and puddled when Spurs played but it drains very well. Just media stories to make headlines for some to buy into and try and make jokes about.

If the monsoons hit just before the game starts,which I know is possible,then maybe there is a problem

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

I think the reference, which I've replied to as well, regarding the pitch is how it is now, not on Wednesday. By all accounts it can be described at least as a bit wet.

It was wet when they played and puddled when Spurs played but it drains very well. Just media stories to make headlines for some to buy into and try and make jokes about.

If the monsoons hit just before the game starts,which I know is possible,then maybe there is a problem

It's just a bit of humour, thats all.

If the pitch is a state tomorrow I honestly don't see it going ahead.

I can see the final just being played between us and Sunderland, but even then I would not want us playing on a surface that has a high injury risk.

If we get an injury tomorrow like Spurs did with Vertonghen the other day we could be looking at taking a huge hit in the league with an absence of a key player, it's not worth it.

sam-caddick said:
If the pitch is a state tomorrow I honestly don't see it going ahead.

I can see the final just being played between us and Sunderland, but even then I would not want us playing on a surface that has a high injury risk.

If we get an injury tomorrow like Spurs did with Vertonghen the other day we could be looking at taking a huge hit in the league with an absence of a key player, it's not worth it.

Yep. If it goes forward, tell the boys just to avoid injury. Even if it means not trying hard. They want to play in hazardous conditions, we'll fulfill the contract by turning up but that's all.

I'm more concerned which of our players will get a long term injury from being on that pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.