Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

NQCitizen said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
NQCitizen said:
We didn't even come close to scoring with that set up. Navas finds a City player about 1 in 5 times.

Is this the same ratio of City players in the box to the number of defenders in the box?

Yeah, so why cross it?

That's what Navas does and that's why we signed him. The manager needs to look at players not getting into the box especially Dzeko

Can't remember how many times I've said it, but we need a left winger and another class DM to make a proper squad.

As soon as Navas came on there was plenty of danger, but it's all from one side so it lacks variety. Without Fernandinho, we were as mobile as Russian army tank and lacked control in our passing. Garcia and Yaya are a horrendously slow and immobile pairing.

These are the two positions, we don't need anyone else. Up to the Spaniards to fix it in either January or the summer, but it needs to be done ASAP

No City player can be happy with their own performance there , we were pityful in the first half , and clueless , not to mention desperate , in the second ....... all huff and puff , and no finish !

Aytoun said:
One out of ten for :- Kolarov, Lescott,Garcia, Richards & Mike Read.
Three for all the rest except Milner who is minus one. Anyone who comes on here saying he is a midfielder should be sectioned.

There will be people on here saying he played wee and agree not all to blame, could have done better for goal, but if everyone thinks he is the answer to our midfield they need their heading seeing to, the back 4 were dreadful, Richards did very little at least Kolarov put a few good crosses in.

Bottom line is we have to beat teams like this and we didn't so for me now I enjoy the season but thoughts of winning League gone. Imagine that back 4 against a decent team with strikers !

Our "squad" players are mid table at best. Put Garcia and the English contingent of Lescott Milner and Richards in and our tikka takka style of play goes to shit. We just can't win at that cursed ground, anywhere else and Aguero would have buried those two sitters he missed.

Well that was painful to watch, I feel sick. Just a couple of points, why bring Navas on and then proceed to only get 2/3 players in the box when he crosses it against 7/8/9 Sunderland players ? Why take off Negredo and not a defender when we have total control and need a goal ? Also the ref was shocking not sending off Larsson but that is still no excuse. Gutted.

so fucking angry, this is nothing but big time players who can't raise it every game - they're picking the fucking games they get up for

if mancini bollocked the players its because they fucking deserved it, thats 4 holistic defeats away from home

kippaxchris said:
NQCitizen said:
kippaxchris said:
An improvement on Milners big healthy 0 then

So why is Milner and Navas the best idea then?

Navas puts balls into the box every game that players don't attack. One across the face of the net today that Negredo left and one in the air that Dzeko didn't attack. Same as against Chelsea Navas would have had 2 assists and we would have won the game if people would attack his crosses

It's almost impossible to score when they have 7 players in the box compared to our 2.
They defended fantastically and wanted it more. Our bench is clearly not good enough.

Dribble said:
First of all allow me to congratulate Sunderland, they played brilliantly especially in the 1st half. We were distinctly average and it took their 1st goal to wake us out of our slumber

Fuck knows what's happened to Richards but he hardly put a worthwhile tackle in and was it just me or did it seem like the other players only wanted to pass to him as a last resort?

We could have carried on playing until after the International break and we wouldn't have scored! I had a bad feeling about today and it's a pity I'm not a betting man as I had a feeling that Newcastle, Sunderland and ManUre would win today! Two down, one to go!

Also, seeing as we had an.international break coming up, we should have played our strongest possible line-up and let the international managers decide who to rest. Today also proved another thing, when we lose our A-Team, the B-Team mostly aren't up to it. I feel fuckin sickened......... Now where's that bottle of Remy Martin with my name on it.
It's not a rocket science is it. You take the best players out of a team, and they will struggle especially when you give a relegation haunted team hope

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.