Sunderland Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same 11 but with rotated full-backs for me. Vital 3 points this.

Ducado said:
andrewmswift said:
dzeko should start for me

Put the rod away!

Perfectly reasonable suggestion, whether he's trying to fish or not. Negredo was great tonight, but (a) we don't want to burn out our players (it's a long season) and (b) Dzeko would also almost certainly have scored tonight if he'd played instead.

We have three strikers who are all capable of scoring lots of goals. You may prefer one over the others, but as long as we have three, we should rotate them instead of starting the 'best' two every single game.

Every bloody year we go up there, dominate possession, have about 500 shots on goal and then invariably lose to their one shot on target, probably scored by Adam Johnson. I don't care what the team is we get an early goal and we'll roast them, that has been missing from most of our away league games this season. Also were long overdue an outrageous stroke of fortune at their place too. Oh and their crap and I think will get relegated. All points to a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon, oh yes.

Playing on Tuesday and Sunday is really ideal, as it could easily have been Wednesday and Saturday. That's 4 full days of rest (plus a bit extra) which is considered plenty for a footballer. Sunderland, as usual, will be up for it but we seem to have a better idea of how to break down these teams now. Of course, questions remain at the other end... Adam Johnson to have his only good performance of the season again?

Ruddles81 said:
Every bloody year we go up there, dominate possession, have about 500 shots on goal and then invariably lose to their one shot on target, probably scored by Adam Johnson. I don't care what the team is we get an early goal and we'll roast them, that has been missing from most of our away league games this season. Also were long overdue an outrageous stroke of fortune at their place too. Oh and their crap and I think will get relegated. All points to a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon, oh yes.

Don't forget that the goal is nearly always offside.

Ducado said:
El Mago said:
Start the same team that started the game tonight, but who will replace Silva and Fernandinho ?

They will be OK by then I think

Only resting Fernandinho and Silva had some stiffness in the right leg.

Both should be fine for Sunday.

Not concern about who playing up front. We will score goals. I'm concerned with the defence though, especially away from home. We lost to teams we should not even draw with. Got to tighten that back line to the Mancini era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.