Superbia in Proelio/Praelia

whitefield_blue

I am planning on getting a new tattoo soon and i have decided i want to get the scroll from the club crest at the top of my back. I have had a look on wikapedia and it suggest the writting on the crest is incorrect and should read

Superbia in Proelio

rather than current crest

Superbia in Praelia

Is this acurate information and have the club got it wrong?

I am unsure between proelio and proelia, when i got mine (about 2 years ago) i got a direct copy off the badge so when people look at it if they think it says proelia it looks like an A but if someone thinks it says proelio it looks like an O, just get it in script itallics with a load of flicks and swirly bits and you cant tell between an A or an O

i sure some guy with block text about 6 inches high with PROELIA on his back which i think is wrong, dont do that!

lincolnblue. said:
I am unsure between proelio and proelia, when i got mine (about 2 years ago) i got a direct copy off the badge so when people look at it if they think it says proelia it looks like an A but if someone thinks it says proelio it looks like an O, just get it in script itallics with a load of flicks and swirly bits and you cant tell between an A or an O

i sure some guy with block text about 6 inches high with PROELIA on his back which i think is wrong, dont do that!

Dont worry the one i am planning on getting is a shadded scroll about 8 inches by 2 inches. Its not a massive deal with the tattoo i just wondered if the club have got it wrong. I have always wanted to get a city tattoo but i have never fancied getting the badge. I will post a pic up on here when i get it done.

GoForGlory said:
Yeah it means pride in battle, but removing the latin from a latin motto doesn't seem right to me.

yeah i am 100% getting the latin writting i just want to make sure i get the correct letters on there. Never understood latin well :)

As always, Gary James gave the definitive answer on this question a couple of weeks ago.

I can't remember which it was, though...!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.