Superman

This guy is defo our next captain, such commitment and passion is very rare in a pro footballer nowadays. I remember a couple of other players taking steps to improve their fitness with their own money and time too but none to this level.

Don't I remember hearing somewhere that a few other of our players were interested in joining Ireland in his training this summer? I think Nedum, SWP and Zab were the names mentioned but cant be sure. If we had say 4 or even 5 players with this commitment and level of fitness, we will be a force to be reckoned with next season!

CTID

If Ned Zab etc make that kind of commitment we better make Champions league football next season...

All those guys, including Ireland, if they were to improve as drasticly as Ireland did last year will be a handful next season and subsequently hard to keep if we aren't up there with the 'big boys'...

And isn't Hughes and the backfrrom staff renowned for those gruiling training camps later on in the Summer?

Expect a starting 11 of meat heads next season!

Kris_Musampa said:
I read this report a while ago,its not new, although the photos are. All this took place this time last year.

Regardless of that, i think it has re-defined him as a player, and his value to the team has gone up exponentially.

I was also in Ireland a few weeks ago, after the ROI draw with Bulgaria, and even tho he has not played for them for two years, he was voted the best player in Ireland. Every back page was running headline articles on how Trappatoni can try to get him back into the Irish squad.

I only hope other members of the City squad who may find themselves on the fringes (Micah et al) can take note of this, and apply the same level of determination to improve their own personal performances, regardless of what the club pay them.

He still trains with Dave Breed every week, even during the season. I can see him on those steps from my gaff!

Rumour is that one or two more players are going to join him.

If he puts in another season like last season. Or possibly an even better season than last season, then I am sure a few other players are gonna join him next summer. Someone said it earlier in this thread, things like this are infectious. Whether they be negative or positive, it is always infectious. Superman will do more for this team than anyone else ever has.....well, except for ADUG.

These excellent pictures were taken by the lovely Kate Goodwin and say everything about Steve's desire to succeed personally and proffessionally with City and go some way to showing just how hard he works away from the club in order to achieve that goal and credit to Dave his personal trainer in helping him get there.

Kate would be able to come on here herself and take the deserved credit if only she could remember her own username ;-)

I know your gonna be reading this Kate and they really are great photos and do you proud. Hope you had a good time in Chester today and next time I see you stood alone at the bar i'll come and pick you up :-)

Many are doing the exact same as him, good to hear he's so commited..about City at least. But I wouldn't exactly boast about him being so commited and I wouldn't trust him to captain, a better offer, or he gets bored and he could simply walk away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.