Superman!!

mcfc78 said:
he hasnt played for ireland since the slovakian game, because stephen hunt and kevin doyle, pinned him down and threatened to whip off his hairpiece. This is the absolute truth, and has been all over irish tabloids many times!!! It was supposed to be a bit off banter ,but he took it terribly and has since turned his back through humiliation... I must admit i laughed at his elton john when i 1st seen it,, as he was practically bald the season beforehand.. we offeredhim a payrise and he came in with a wig and a suntan ronaldo would have been jelous off... Im glad that day happened in slovakia, as whatever changed inside his head that night has only gone on to make him a determined player,, which city are reaping the benefits from!!!

You know, that's funny, because I could have sworn that Ireland himself, in the article posted here, didn't say anything of the sort. No one has. And Irish tabloids. I can vaguely remember seeing it come up once or twice at the most ages ago. And I've seen a lot of bullshit a hell lot more times then that come up in those papers. And by the by, what you read in the papers, and here's the important part, isn't always true. I know, I know, shock horror, but they tend to spin the odd story from time to time. It's awful.

In truth, an awful thing happened, he was young, he made a mistake by lying to the press, but he was young. That I can take, that I understand and accept. But it's what happened after that..he dug himself a hole, got embarased, and simply walked away when it got hard. Turned his back without a bother or an apology, no one would have cared if he came back after that, there would have been a bit of banter for about a week with Irish fans and such but it would have been forgotten in a few days, but no. It got hard and he just simply, with no thought for anyone else, with no consideration for his teammates or the fans, or clearly pride in the jersey..etc He simply just walked away.

2112 Ask him does he fancy taking my daughter to her prom in his RS8. She thinks as we are season ticket holders I can just make it happen . Live near Glossop so he would know his way. £100 donation to his charity. It would make her life!!!!

IrishMacca said:
mcfc78 said:
he hasnt played for ireland since the slovakian game, because stephen hunt and kevin doyle, pinned him down and threatened to whip off his hairpiece. This is the absolute truth, and has been all over irish tabloids many times!!! It was supposed to be a bit off banter ,but he took it terribly and has since turned his back through humiliation... I must admit i laughed at his elton john when i 1st seen it,, as he was practically bald the season beforehand.. we offeredhim a payrise and he came in with a wig and a suntan ronaldo would have been jelous off... Im glad that day happened in slovakia, as whatever changed inside his head that night has only gone on to make him a determined player,, which city are reaping the benefits from!!!

You know, that's funny, because I could have sworn that Ireland himself, in the article posted here, didn't say anything of the sort. No one has. And Irish tabloids. I can vaguely remember seeing it come up once or twice at the most ages ago. And I've seen a lot of bullshit a hell lot more times then that come up in those papers. And by the by, what you read in the papers, and here's the important part, isn't always true. I know, I know, shock horror, but they tend to spin the odd story from time to time. It's awful.

In truth, an awful thing happened, he was young, he made a mistake by lying to the press, but he was young. That I can take, that I understand and accept. But it's what happened after that..he dug himself a hole, got embarased, and simply walked away when it got hard. Turned his back without a bother or an apology, no one would have cared if he came back after that, there would have been a bit of banter for about a week with Irish fans and such but it would have been forgotten in a few days, but no. It got hard and he just simply, with no thought for anyone else, with no consideration for his teammates or the fans, or clearly pride in the jersey..etc He simply just walked away.

So you're 100% sure of everything that happened at the time then are you? You have inside knowledge of what's gone on behind the scenes and the thought processes of Mr Ireland, and the discussions and soul searching that went on between himself and his family and friends? I'm putting question marks at the end of these sentences as a courtesy, and it's probably grammatically correct, but these are rhetorical questions because I'm pretty sure that the answers to all three are 'no'.

I get the feeling from your post that you care a lot about your national team and that your hurt by Ireland's perceived abandonment of it, but are you not just venting your frustration on what you're guessing happened with no facts to back it up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In truth, an awful thing happened, he was young, he made a mistake by lying to the press, but he was young. That I can take, that I understand and accept. But it's what happened after that..he dug himself a hole, got embarased, and simply walked away when it got hard. Turned his back without a bother or an apology, no one would have cared if he came back after that, there would have been a bit of banter for about a week with Irish fans and such but it would have been forgotten in a few days, but no. [b]It got hard and he just simply, with no thought for anyone else, with no consideration for his teammates or the fans, or clearly pride in the jersey..etc He simply just walked away.[/quote][/b]

To be honest mate after what he went through, is it any surprise that didnt have a care for anybody else or the fans or have any so called pride for the shirt. The events he went through were horrific and if i were in his position i would have done exactly the same. There are more important things in life than football i.e Family.

Just find that last sentence of yours harsh

BibbyBlue85 said:
TimmyP said:
Can you get "ireland is superman" t-shirts from anywhere??

They had them on the official online store but they have sold out mate

i got on in the arndale theres loads there only about a tenner i think
but the worst thing about getting one from there is the people that work there they are the most unhelpful people i have ever met you have to wait for them to stop talking to each other to ask them something though cnuts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.