Support City EDS V Utd at Altrincham tonight 7pm KO

LoveCity said:
Shocking result considering not too long ago we drew with a United reserve team full of established players.

Will this "EDS" concept ever be altered to allow fringe players and those coming back from injury to get game time? Even Nimely and Razak weren't playing today unless they are injured (wouldn't surprise me with Nimely).
First half was very equal. In the second half they just seemed up for it a bit more. I thought some of our players looked tired/unfit. The ref gave them a lot, there was some off the ball shoving in the penalty area and on another day with another ref IMO we could have had two penalties. Mancini was unlucky with a curling shot that came off the inside of the post and Guidetti had an unfortunate bobble in the area that caused him to sky a fierce shot over at the death.
Personally I think the whole City squad's level of fitness could improve. Mancini senior is the only manager in the PL that complains of tiredness/fixture congestion but all the top teams are in the same boat. The more successful we become the more games we will have to play. I think top athletes should be able to play twice a week.

The only real difference between two fairly indifferent sides was the introduction of Anderson in the second half. Mancini's lad looked a lot better than Guidetti tonight which gives you an idea of how bad Guidetti was, he didn't exactly seem to be busting a gut for a new contract! But at least it wasn't us who paid £7m for Bebe, he won't be a footballer as long as I have a hole in my arse.

Highlight of the night was a wayward shot from a rag hitting a house's drainpipe flush on the joint and the bottom half snapped off and fell to the floor.

Sorry but I felt we played well and the only difference between the 2 sides were Anderson Bebe and Obertan. How many million is that?

Guidetti had a good game and was unlucky with the bobble right at the end. We played some good stuff.

TheBlueNowhere said:
Blu KB said:
Guidetti is still only 18, he has something unless teams from across europe wouldnt be interested.

Jay Rodriguez for Burnley is only 21 and I'd say he was more impressive than Guidetti.I know 3 years is a big age gap but mostby that age are making an impact in the higher leagues. Wilshere, Rooney, Milner, Torres were all effective at this age.

Jay Rodriguez was doing the excact same thing as Guidetti at 18 - nothin.

You cannot say that also that he won't make it because he's not playing at 18 or not effective at that age.

Drogba, Carrol, Dzeko, Adam Johnson and the best one of all Pedro from Barcelona, he was 21 when he made his debut, you would of written him off at 18.

Players develop at different stages, it might take Guidetti til he's 21, 22 himself to really establish himself.

Meanwhile this year has been a total waste for him, he showed potential at Burnley, played 5 games, scored a great goal and then came back to play in glorified training games, he needs to go on loan again next season to a championship club and make a name for himself!

Guidetti was strong as an ox and won near enough ever long ball punted up to him. It was the midfield that felt weak.

If anyone heard someone shouting Freak at Obertan it was me haha.

Scottyboi said:
Guidetti was strong as an ox and won near enough ever long ball punted up to him. It was the midfield that felt weak.

If anyone heard someone shouting Freak at Obertan it was me haha.

But what did he actually do with all the balls he won with his back to goal? Did he lay the ball off well, I didn't think so, I honestly can't recall much coming from his winning possession. Our most creative outlet was down the left flank where Chantler and Helan dominated. Guidetti has a lot of improving to do if he's going to challenge for a first-team place, assuming he decides to hang around beyond the summer.

there's a video clip out there of Anderson's first goal. I won't post it because it's very embarrassing.

Aah, dont get me started.
Guidetti held the play up all along.
Only dropped ball once all game.
Hes a striker, so of course he should be judged on number of goals right?
Zero yesterday, so bad rate?
Me not think so.
He is a tank, strong as phuck. Can run all night and has a winnermentality u wouldnt believe.
Will he make it? Who knows, still a kid, could go either way. So far its looking good I think anyways.

ograset said:
Aah, dont get me started.
Guidetti held the play up all along.
Only dropped ball once all game.
Hes a striker, so of course he should be judged on number of goals right?
Zero yesterday, so bad rate?
Me not think so.
He is a tank, strong as phuck. Can run all night and has a winnermentality u wouldnt believe.
Will he make it? Who knows, still a kid, could go either way. So far its looking good I think anyways.

Exactly, was there and seen his commitment to the cause. Everytime he won a flick on the midfield were still blowing out there arse. Logan played well and give Obertan some shit. I booed that freak off was pretty funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.